30 Bananas a Day!

Hi!

Does anyone else get heartburn while drinking huge banana or banana-date smoothies? I didn't the first week but lately every morning I get pretty bad heartburn from them... Tips, tricks, suggestions?

Views: 484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eat or drink more slowly, even sipping the whole smoothie if you need to.  

i used to have severe heart burn just out of eating 4 or 5 bananas or something as small as an orange, when i started this lifestyle!

What cured it for me was just as simple as drinking 1 liter of water before meals, making sure that i was taking enough time eating/drinking smoothies ( i remember i used to drink a 10ish bananas shake in under 10 minutes, LOL!, crazy, right) and just sitting down, relaxing after meals, letting the food sit in ur stomach for a little bit and let the digestive system"start up" before walking or doing any other activity.

Chromium can be a common issue that shows with heart burn.  Lots of people take an organic barley grass powder for this.  Gooseberries are a really high in it as well as are some other foods :) 

Just watermelon.

yes! but only when my bananas aren't super ripe. I noticed it this week since the weather has gotten colder, my bananas aren't ripening up very well. When my bananas are very ripe, no problem. See if this helps :)

I have this problem with dates and cooked grains.  It seems like this site doesn't advise that I not eat dates.  What other solutions would long-termers suggest?

Avoid dates lol, that stuff looks healthy because it is technically a fruit but I swear it makes me fell awful everywhere every time from when I first eat then till the next day afterward. Even as small as 8-10 dates is enough of an instant horrible reaction.

I experienced heartburn as well from bananas, but like other commenters said, drink your smoothies or eat your bananas slower. Once I slowed down and also let my food digest a little more before lying down, it helped and I don't experience heartburn anymore. 

I find I wake up with a full stomach.  First thing I had today was 2 large glasses of water and then some dates, and I immediately got heartburn. 

I'm done eating about 3 hours before bed.  This is just...so much food!  Common sense tells me my body just doesn't want this much...I wake up feeling full and then get heartburn the moment I eat anything.  Something's wrong! 

I am currently eating RawTil4, 2500 calories a day.  It's very hard for me to eat that much.  Cronometer shows that my vitamin/mineral levels are perfect.  I'm used to eating 1500-1900 calories, depending on the day.  My fat intake before was fairly low, about 30%.  Now it's under 10%.  I don't come from a calorie restricting background.  In fact, I was eating a vegan and mostly raw diet prior to trying this 80-10-10 experiment. 

My energy levels and weight have not changed. 

It's not going so well for me, and I would love some advice from someone who can show me what might cause these issues, since as I mentioned, my first thought is that my body just doesn't know what to do with the extra 600-1000 calories...I feel like I'm just cramming them in there. 

I know Megan Elizabeth on Youtube does this lifestyle successfully on far fewer calories.  I'm about her size and build.  Can anyone cite a reason why only, say 1800 calories would be problematic?  Don't say deficiencies because I was never deficient before (used cronometer), and I was raw...and I know she and others make it work. 

each symptom - a sign of self healing

Do not avoid dates!!! I would not be able to stay high carb without them!! Try and see what works for you personally!  Every morning I drink a massive "date cappuccino" just blend hot water, dates and a pinch of cinnamon... mmmmm so frothy and delicious and no digestion problems or heartburn!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
10 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
10 hours ago
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service