30 Bananas a Day!

Aloha fellow fruitbats

I'm heading to Penang in Malaysia on the 17th May. If anyone is going to be around that part of the world and would like to meet up, let me know....

Peace.....

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

meet fruiteater there...he's cool Rusian guy, a strict mono eater...he should be there... i told him about you..
thanks D. i'll look him up :)
hello Nick,
will be in malaysia from june to july will you still be around? when is the best time for high quality durian? i´m very passionate about durian i would like to catch up.
peace..
hey matthias. i may still be here in june but not sure yet. i just arrived last night and will head up to teluk bahang tonight. i will give a full update on the situation here soon. :)
Did you have a Durian dinner last night? hang on I don't want to know....;-D
I just had durian dinner about an hour ago

1 ang her
1 hor lor
and 1/2 another unknown variety

sat in a park in the middle of georgetown and shared it with a couple of homeless guys

YUM!
nice :-)
Very jealous!
hey Nick. are you still in teluk bahang or did you move? where is that place you stay at the moment? jins durian farm- is he accomodating people from all over? vegantravelor darrick gave me once the emailadress from a guy... with a similar name who sells occasionally durian on penang.
where do you buy your fruits on the road? maybe on the way to balik pulau or even in batu ferringhi?
i don´t have a pushbike but love to walk. would be nice if you can give me a short advise. i like fisherman village guest house, the owner has an own durian orchard. i might stay there in june when i visit. thank you for the previous updates about the durian. :)
im still at jins durian farm. its on the road between teluk bahang and balik pilau. about 7km from teluk behang on the right as you are going up the hill. im just sleeping in his workers hut. he doesn't usually take guests but is just letting me sleep there. ms lows guesthouse is a nice place to stay also.
Hello Nick,
could you give a short statement how the durian situation and availability in malaysia is? especially in penang at this time of the year. what is the price for high quality durian??

thank you a lot.
ok so the latest update on penang is as follows:

the durian season has kicked off and i have been having some amazing durians. last night i ate some d24, d604 and m5. all of which were unbelievably delicious. my favorite variety ang her is still a little hard to come by. there are a few around and a beautiful one arrived this morning which i will be devouring with gusto this evening. the peak of the season is meant to be in about 2-3 weeks time.
i'm not sure about the general prices around town. i've been staying at jins durian farm he has been more than generous with the prices he has been charging me. i think for really good quality durian you would pay about 20 rm/kilo. you can get it a lot cheaper though around 5-10 ringit a kilo. the price will drop as the season picks up to.
there is not a great deal of other fruit around. i have been getting some great mangosteens and champedaks that are out of this world. velvety smooth and super sweet. there are orange, yellow and cream coloured varieties that i have had so far. will post some photos soon. i've also been getting some really nice champagne watermelons....the yellow kind.

other than that the weather here is great. been cycling around the hills, jumping in and out of mountain streams, hiking and talking to lots of folks about the fruit diet.

peace....

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Melissa Grace left a comment for Raisa
16 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Covid911 INSURGENCY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2YKEZ1O"
Tuesday
"!! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask. #truth #light https://j.mp/2ZeLBog"
Sunday
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
Sunday
Eunice Su-Ai joined Marina's group
Sunday
TheBananaGirl replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jun 25
Zeus Lopez Perez posted a discussion
Jun 25
"Bayer Pays $10BN To Settle Thousands Of Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuits #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity https://j.mp/317rw5S"
Jun 23
Rus Talis replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 14
Rus Talis commented on ednshell's video
Jun 13
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Jun 10
ednshell posted a video

Lies, Coverups, Google, Censorship, and the Whistleblower of the Year: Zach Vorhies (Part 1)

Charlene interviews the Whistleblower of the year, Zach Vorhies! Zach has done what few others have dared to do, tell the truth about Google and Big Tech and...
Jun 10
Lucas mcclaren posted a photo
Jun 10
Profile IconSean, Magdalena, George Gagnon and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 9
Lucas mcclaren posted a photo
Jun 5
Peter's photo was featured
Jun 4

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service