30 Bananas a Day!

Has anyone had success on a raw/RT4/starch solution diet, where you had awful digestion before (cramps, bloating, nausea, etc.) and can now easily eat at any restaurant and eat foods that have oil in them? Like have no worries you'll suffer later? 

If so, what did you do, and how long did it take?

I ate a few bites of my favorite vegan Ethiopian restaurant's buffet yesterday and instantly became very nauseous. A day later and I'm still feeling queasy. I have a very annoying sensitivity to gluten (never nausea, different symptoms), and have to follow strict food combining practices. Too much rice or dates constipate me and goodness gracious I just want to be able to eat a damn good vegan meal at vegan places!! I live in L.A. for g0d's sake, this place is vegan restaurant Mecca! Watching Freelee eat a donut made my gut twist and my heart cry "I AM SO JEALOUS!!" 

Anyway, I want to heal my gut so that I can occasionally dabble in going to restaurants without getting sick afterward, NOT so that I have to rely on cooking for myself 100% of time for the rest of my life. I feel like I'm doing the opposite of healing my gut--like I'm only letting my body process the easy foods I put into it and seeing outside foods as poison. Not what I want!!

~ cg 

Views: 996

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't add so much water to your smoothies, it dilutes your stomach acid. You might want to step up your sodium intake if you are going to take in that much water. Celery and chard are a great choice.

I will try to cut back on water, I had no idea that it diluted stomach acid. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to see how I feel adding minimal water to my smoothies. I always loved the texture of banana milk! But I've got my health to fix :) I do eat organic ketchup/mustard with my baked potatoes, so that's some sodium right there, but I'm going to start with the water reduction. Thank you !! 

Wow, I see this was posted awhile ago. I totally relate to the gluten, as was part of what brought me to this lifestyle. Have you had a Transglutaminase IGG and IGA blood test? My results showed I was having an immune response to gluten the two years in a row I was tested (the second time I had cut down on gluten, but my result barely showed the difference). After two years of eating wheat sparingly, in February I finally cut it out completely! I wasn't so hungry, my digestion was better, became happier, skin glowed. In March, I decided to join the high fruit lifestyle, and it continued my healing. I think dates have healed my digestion. I used to be sensitive but I worked up my tolerance. Maybe you need more time to heal, especially if you're Celiac? By the way, those results turned out NORMAL my last blood test. Between this and having the gene, the doctor officially put Celiac on my chart. I knew gluten was an issue, but I didn't think I had the disease. That means gluten was literally destroying my intestine  every time I ate it. Even on a gluten free diet, it will take time for the gut to recover. Don't know how long you've been on this lifestyle, but my oils and grains tolerance has dramatically changed!

Hiii Tania! Isn't gluten such a monster?!! I have had a blood test (not sure which type) and an endoscopy. Both came out negative for Celiac, but I'm almost convinced. I cut out gluten 2.5 years ago and never looked back. It was as though I became a new person. Migraines eliminated, arthritis minimized, mood swings gone, among other things. It's really nice to hear someone else with a similar story. But as you said, I need to give it some time. From having a past of serious restriction (I weighed 102 back then, I'm reaching 140 now, yikes), to every stomach/abdomen ailment known to man, my body needs to sllooooowly recover. I SO look forward to having a success story like yours!! Thanks for sharing :) 

Weird fact that is not a response to your question, I can eat at Sage Vegan Bistro without any tummy troubles, even though I get tummy troubles everywhere else. All their food is not gluten free. I don't know why my body is ok with their food vs. the myriad other vegan places in LA. Hope you heal soon.

That's so funny, I feel the same about Sage!! Thank you :) 

these days if you want to be healthy you have to eat organic

Hi there! I definitely suffered from a fatigued and problematic GI, which exacerbated during that time of the month.  On the HFRV lifestyle, I cruise through the month (never dreamed it could be possible) and my digestion is now effortless.  Drink lots of water.

Hello FruitBat! I'm hoping you mean "LFRV" lolol! I totally do drink lots of water. In fact, I'm beginning to think it's too much water as I tend to get dizzy. Thanks so much for your response! I truly cannot wait to have this high raw and HEALTH thing down. 

Hi Christy, lols--yes, LFRV. Yes you can!

My symptoms for 6 years: a burning sensation (either after a meal or not) in my gut, particularly in one location. Also bloating

On a fully raw 80-10-10 it took me 1 month to see more improvements than I've ever seen in those previous 6 years. It took me 3 months to be without pain 90% of the time. It took me about 1 year to have forgotten I ever had the issue - but still get triggered by cooked food (but it would disappear by the next day). It took me 2 year before I could say I was 100% healed - I observed no gut symptoms after restaurant cooked meals (vegan). Of course I still feel sluggish but no symptoms related to my old gut issues.

I strongly feel I could not have healed this on cooked foods... I did macrobiotic for a long while and it did nothing for me. Of course there was some oil but still. Also I did gluten-free for a year before I started this and I saw some changes, but not enough. I used to think I was very sensitive to wheat. Now I can eat it no problem - though I stay away from it in large quantities. Raw is the way for digestion issues imo.

Take it easy and be well!

Wowow I love it! This gives me an enormous helping of hope! Just what I needed. Thank you, thank you!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
3 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
4 hours ago
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service