30 Bananas a Day!

Being in college is introducing me to a lot of new people. While some people are very accepting of the answer, "I'm vegan because I want to be." or "I'm doing it for me," other people shun the idea. It's not like I am pushing my ideas on them in anyway, they ask ME about my lifestyle, yet they get all defensive about their SAD. I don't want to go into depth about why vegans don't wither away.... & not to mention there are vegan bodybuilders when these people clearly can't respect facts. Does any one else encounter these closed minded people often? If so, I need your advice!

Views: 549

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't want to be rude and completely disregard what they say to me though. I guess my problem is I'm trying to educate someone who doesn't care to learn

You need to learn which people are stubborn(and just don't want to know), and those that are just brainwashed (talk to these people, don't waste your time with the stubborn).

Also, be careful not to act arrogant or insulting of them.  People are sensitive of their bad habits.

I've always tended to live more by example, but have recently become more vocal, loading vegan fitness success vids on FB for example.  Have to say that the vast majority of my encounters are neutral or positive.  Helps that I work like a maniac to be able to perform at a high fitness level that's obvious to all, and precludes most anyone from saying boo.  

I've played a bit of the vegan police in the past, with less that great results, so now I find it's best simply to lead from the front, and let others do what they will.  They're ALWAYS watching, believe me.  When you receive honest curious questions, and you'll know which these are, it's ok to share a bit.  Above all, keep it light, with as much humor and goodwill as possible.   

Live your life so meaningfully that others can't help but want what you have!

Beat me to it. My friend Bryan once asked "but doesn't all that bread in pizza make u fat?" I proceeded to leap at the opportunity to lift up my shirt and do durianrider abs and say "where's the fat bro? Bread makes u fat? Wheres the fat?"

My hater tips
1. Be fitter than them
2. If they still defending SAD even when looking like fat slob tell em, stop defending our bad habits to me its annoying.
3. Thick skin
4. Tell them to f off
5. Tell them to go to Indonesia and find all the fat villagers
6. Proceed to eat things they wish they could, do things they wish they could etc.
7. Move out of dorms!!!

I always like to be a leader through example anyway; however I'm not the one bringing up the conversation, so I don't know how to deal with the negative comments :/ Other than simply ignoring their thoughts

As you say, you immediately can sense it as criticism.  No point in any rebuttals or info.  They're not ready for it; they simply want to hear their thoughts coming out of your mouth.  

Best to just shrug, chuckle, and say:  "Thanks for that opinion, this is what's working for me right now.  How bout them Bengals, eh!?"

That's such good advice & just what I needed to hear thank youuuuu!!!

throw your head back and laugh, as if every time they speak your watching a comedy. i often hear such stupid things from non vegans, i use to get angry and defensive. until i realized sometimes....you can just only laugh about it. maybe its all that high carb happiness

Hahaha great answer

that is so true thanks girl!!

Hilarious!

Laughing about it is the best thing to do lol people say crazy stuff like you probably have no energy cause you are not eating meat or drinking soda.And im like "are you kidding me lmao get a life XD "

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
12 hours ago
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Friday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Friday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Friday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Wednesday
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5
Amanda May left a comment for Kevin
Sep 5
Igor Puzeev posted a discussion
Sep 3
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service