30 Bananas a Day!

I'm a noob! This is my first time trying to eat durian. I got it in a box from a wholesaler. It was previously frozen. I (stupidly) thought it would ripen normally but now i'm thinking it won't.

I opened a few today. Please see photos below. Has this gone moldy on the inside? It seemed dry inside versus what I've seen online.

Views: 5281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hard to tell from the photos... How long have you had it unfrozen? I tried one recently, and kept it in the fridge for a few days before eating it. It was so delicious! They are generally ugly on the inside, so not sure. I guess it depends on how long you have had it out of refrigeration.

hi! i've had it out in the open for 3 days. is that too long?? i tasted it and it tastes creamy and oniony. i'm not sure i've grown to like it yet but yeah the inside looks...very alien which made doubt whether it was still good. for the moment i've decided to scoop out the yellow parts inside and keep them in tupperware to be refrigerated or frozen.

have you ever had durian go bad? what does the bad durian taste like versus what it normally tastes like?

thanks Melinda!!

How does it feel to touch?  I've had some that were slightly rubbery but still good, but yours does look a little crusty.

And given that it was frozen and not fresh, I would not recommend keeping it out a refrigeration for more than a couple hours.  

If you have any doubt, don't eat it.  Not worth getting sick over.  

Now if you really think you bought it bad, rather than have it turn bad over the last couple days, don't hesitate to ask for your money back.  

it looks like an egg omelet right out of the frying pan. to the touch, its still soft but it has some parts that are kind of gray? is that normal? *sigh* okay next time i definitely will not keep it out that long!

Gray??  Unless you're talking poi, that's usually an unsafe color in produce.  I wouldn't risk it.  

You said wholesaler.  What price per pound did you pay?

Okay maybe i'll cut out the gray parts and stick with the yellow ones. Sorry, i hate it when things go to waste! but i'll do a taste test also before I put it in a smoothie

$30 for one big box. There were 5 of them in a box.

That's a great price for durian. Ours was frozen when we bought it. That's the eay they are sold here. It's too bad if yours is spoiled.

yeah i thought it was a great price! although in hindsight it may have been cheap for a reason ; p

Thanks btw!!!

sure thing.  if you're going to munch the yellow parts, I would do exactly that--nibble.  If you blend, you might incorporate nasty sections without even knowing it.  Let you sense of taste be your guide to what's still edible, if any.

And that is one seriously amazing price!

whats the correct way to thaw a frozen durian? i bought a frozen one as well and also have never tried it.

they'll thaw in a couple days in a fridge, or over a few hours in the sink.  

I've tried soaking them in a bowl of water, which works faster, but sometimes moisture gets through the shell.  

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

luke left a comment for Mean Vegan Girl
yesterday
luke and Mean Vegan Girl are now friends
yesterday
Melissa Grace left a comment for Raisa
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Covid911 INSURGENCY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2YKEZ1O"
Tuesday
"!! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask. #truth #light https://j.mp/2ZeLBog"
Jun 29
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
Jun 29
Eunice Su-Ai joined Marina's group
Jun 28
TheBananaGirl replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jun 25
Zeus Lopez Perez posted a discussion
Jun 25
"Bayer Pays $10BN To Settle Thousands Of Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuits #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity https://j.mp/317rw5S"
Jun 23
Rus Talis replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 14
Rus Talis commented on ednshell's video
Jun 13
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Jun 10
ednshell posted a video

Lies, Coverups, Google, Censorship, and the Whistleblower of the Year: Zach Vorhies (Part 1)

Charlene interviews the Whistleblower of the year, Zach Vorhies! Zach has done what few others have dared to do, tell the truth about Google and Big Tech and...
Jun 10
Lucas mcclaren posted a photo
Jun 10
Profile IconSean, Magdalena, George Gagnon and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 9

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service