I wondering if anyone here has experience with adrenal fatigue and overcoming it on 811. I'm in a bind because I have had adrenal fatigue for several years, have been doing 811 (switching between 811 and a Raw Till 4 style diet) for 2 years solid. No improvement, if anything, getting worse.
My quality of life is diminishing more and more as time goes by. I'm getting desperate for recovery, about to see a naturopath and start bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. She will probably tell me to eat "high quality protein" and cut out simple sugars, as ALL of the recommended diet and lifestyle treatments for AF say to do that I have researched up on so far.
I've been in a frustrating position. I really, really want to get better. My functioning is extremely low. In fact, I have to get better soon or else I'm not going to be able to financially support myself anymore.
Yet, all the diet recommendations for AF (and AF related conditions, like insulin resistance, high blood sugar, etc) all say to eat the opposite of 811. I am also really nervous about doing hormone replacement therapy because I believe in the body's natural ability to heal when given the right diet and lifestyle.
And my experience is not matching up to my beliefs.
I have adrenal fatigue because I suffered from an eating disorder and exercise abuse for about 12 years. Part of me thinks: well, it's going to take time to recover so I should just be patient. The other voice in me looks at all this critically, and wonders, if I'm supposedly getting better, why am I feeling worse and worse?
The other strange factor is that the severe AF symptoms and starting 811 coincided. At the same time, two years ago.
I desperately need help. Seeking input from people who have specifically experienced AF please.
Details of the past two years:
- Been eating 100% 811 or Raw Till 4 (fruit breakfast and lunch, high carb vegan dinner of salad + cooked veggies and starch)
- 2500 - 3000 kcals a day
- sleep 8 hours a night or more
- drink more than a gallon of water a day (not forcing myself... am super thirsty and always feeling dehydrated)
- as low stress lifestyle as possible. Am a yoga teacher and practice yoga and meditation daily.
- gets tons of sunshine and fresh air.
- usually exercise a small amount every day (walking, running, swimming), used to do 45 min every day, now doing 0 - 20 min a day as my energy levels are dropping.
I really want 811 to work for me - the lifestyle has an intuitive, deep instinctual resonance with me, but am losing my spirit in the process. Please help.