30 Bananas a Day!

What do you think of this change at the Woodstock Fruit Festival? Personally, one of the things that is most attractive about the event is seeing Harley and Freelee speak as pioneers. I see some hypocrisy, as many of the "pioneers" publicly stated or have shown they consume cooked and refined food, even if it is "raw powder" or whatever. I can think of another "pioneer" who sells and openly consumes animal products. 

Harley and Freelee have promoted the WFF, and many are there because they followed their advice. It appears that the majority of guests consume cooked food. They have done, in my opinion, more for the lfrv movement's growth than most, if not all the others in the WFF lineup.

Do you agree or disagree with the decision?

Here is the link to the news: http://www.thewoodstockfruitfestival.com/profiles/blogs/harley-and-...

Views: 18308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's F'd! up! Harley and Freelee are such giving people.  They aren't asking for anything in return for all the time and effort they have put into promoting a high carb low fat vegan lifestyle. HTH are they not pioneers?  I was going to go to WFF now don't think I want to associate with fruit snobs that want to kick people out of their special little club.  Hope they feel so entitled to call them selves "Pioneers"  Childish bulls%&t IMO.

Yep. +1 to all that.

is tht not exactly what happens on 30bad? idk who cares :/ 

I don't think it's childish at all. Harley and freelee are not of the same caliber as anyone else there. They are two of my very best friends, and could most simply be described as the leaders of the fruitarian movement, the way I see it.

Their abrasive nature is what got my attention, what pulled me out of the morass of illness I was drowning in. And they showed me the people with the very best diets in the entire world. "We can all achieve this!" I thought, and my life goal immediately became clear as day.

But hey, let's face it, Harley and freelee do NOT have the best diets in the world. Although they do have some of the best carb intakes. And that is what the festival seems to be about. The festival is about eating a raw diet. Harley and freelee are about promoting one.

Not going either.  I'm thinking one in Thailand without the elitist bullshit would be great.  I wouldn't know who any of those other (WFF) people are, Doug included, were in not for DR and Freelee. 

I disagree.

Seems to be a conflict between the raw purists and the abundant carbs message.

Harley and Freelee make it clear in their vids that fresh, ripe, raw fruit is still the first and best choice for human fuel. 

But not always possible due to availability, cost and SAD mindset/conditioning. 

There is a fear of carbs mainstream belief (and resulting plentiful animal consumption) and they are tackling that head on (before the raw layer).

As people move to a carbs-only meals, they can then transition to fruit meals (a foreign, scary concept to SADers).

Harley has promoted rice over steaks long before the WFF existed.

omg  might cry :)

lol :-)

"Pioneers are not always the most popular or followed leaders in their present time. Often Pioneers do things that people frown on, things that others give up trying to achieve or are said to be impossible. That's what makes them Pioneers. They answer to a higher calling; one that speaks to self rather than to others. They inspire by actions not just by words."

.. sounds like they are contradicting themselves. And totally. I would never even consider attending WFF after that.

Hope they get a shit turn out this year :P Just for being such snobs :o

+1

+1

+1

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Cédric replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"John Williams - Fed Lost Control of Financial System #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2P5nMeM"
yesterday
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a photo
Dec 4
Profile IconAnna Bostick and Angela Hogan joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Dec 3
Raini Pachak posted a discussion
Dec 3
Kelly's photo was featured
Nov 30
ednshell's photo was featured
Nov 27
Profile IconJust.Me, Malika and Phoebe joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 27
Justine Jolene and Kevin are now friends
Nov 27
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Nov 20
fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
Nov 17
fruity78 posted a discussion
Nov 17
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Nov 16
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Nov 16
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Nov 16
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Nov 16

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service