30 Bananas a Day!

Hi all, every time I eat raw for even a couple days I start to feel so much better. But I really have a huge problem making it through dinner raw unless I'm motivated by starting to get sick. 

I have eaten 2/3 raw for the last several years. (I used to be all raw for some years before that but it was a different time & place with more support.) Lots of fruit all day long, breakfast & lunch & snacks, I even have some fruit in the evening again, but then I always want to finish off with cooked carbs. I don't eat salads because I have just been mono-eating lettuce or celery or spinach during the day, so I don't have some big fun salad and I always want something besides fruit at night. Something grounding. 

So there is so much resistance even though it feels so much better to stay more raw. I never eat cooked food during the day because I know too well that this will sap all my energy and cause other problems too. Whenever I eat cooked food more than once a day, I end up getting sick. So I manage to stick to one cooked meal a day, but I stay on the verge of getting sick, not getting that healing flow going that happens when I'm all raw...not going all raw unless I start to come down with an infection or something, so I never get past this hump. Could use some support. Thanks!

Views: 226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! Well actually it's gotten a bit easier. I find that in addition to being all raw during the day, I'm only eating cooked dinner about half the nights or so. Like every other night raw, or two nights cooked and two nights raw. So yes it has changed some. 

Factors that I think are helping:

* My boyfriend got on board and is raw as much as I am! Before, he was Mr. Meat & Potatoes, so this is super helpful. We both help each other not do too many cooked nights in a row or in a week.

* I am more determined to stay further from the edge of getting infections, so even though I occasionally am getting sick still, I'm not feeling like always on the verge of a sinus, bladder, etc. infection. 
* Perhaps the previous item is because I've been doing some trauma and emotional work, and getting some old fear and anger and other stuff released from my system, so maybe I'm not needing cooked food for emotional stuffing quite as much? And also maybe I can tolerate feeling a bit better more easily. Not sure.

I still don't seem to do all-raw for more than a few days at a time, but I'll take slow, steady progress over the old extreme success/failure yo-yo thing!!

Thanks for asking, it was good to see this old post of mine! :)

Curious, what methods of trauma and emotional work have you been doing specifically. I feel this is what I need, what's holding me back, but I'm unsure how to go about it.

Thanks!

Hi Ruby,

The past few years I did a holistic mind/body/emotion work called Rubenfeld Synergy. More recently I also got into something called Somatic Experiencing which is geared specifically at healing trauma and is really great. Both of these methods are forms of somatic psychotherapy because they include the body in the exploration instead of just being a head trip. I also have been doing a form of self-applied energy medicine called The Healing Codes that has helped enormously. I found out I was trying to bypass a lot of emotional and trauma healing that needed to take place, and trying to use a perfect diet to solve symptoms and problems and it was so much control. This feels a lot better and the diet is slowly improving naturally while my nervous system heals!! Good luck to you. Just the fact that you have that feeling you need that work should lead you in the right direction. Sometimes it's not just the exact method (though it helps!) but also finding someone you feel safe with and trust to let go and explore what's been held inside. And some people are able to heal emotional issues with the healing codes themselves. I hear some people swear by EFT but I haven't really tried it. <3

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
yesterday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
yesterday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
yesterday
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
Friday
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 4 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/35Q1zYN"
May 12
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 1-3 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WJLXlv"
May 12
Lazy food left a comment for Valisa Monyei
May 6
Lazy food left a comment for Joe Heinrich
May 6
Lazy food posted a status
"I’m either fruiting or fasting. Currently Fasting!"
May 6
Valentin Otto and Shvara are now friends
May 5

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service