30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone,

I have been on and off raw vegan for the past year. The problem is I tend to overdo with fats and salt and my weight was actually going up. Not to mention how tired I was after eating a huge fatty salty salad or a gourmet meal!

I am sure HCRV is the way to go, but the problem is, I can keep it for a few days or a week, and then cravings kick in and I binge on the worst kinds of foods (cooked, and not even vegetarian). In my new job, we always have lots of free (junk) food, ... pizza, chocolate, donuts, etc and I work looooong hours (12 hour shifts). At home, I live with my brother who is raw vegan (100%), but still keeps so much nuts, nut butters, avocados, ... at home.
It's too easy to give into temptations. I really need your help, my fruity friends, for motivation and accountability. I think if I can stick to it long enough my cravings and emotional eatings will go away.

So let's do a 8 week challenge, from Monday, October 31 to Sunday, December 25, 2011.
I want to eat fruits and vegetables only. For me, no overt fats and no salt (I am very zero or one ... So hard for me to not to overdo). But you can modify it as long as you are still HCRV.
I think the challenge is better to be in one thread, as this forum is very active. If we do it in a group, many people may forget about it and won't check regularly. I don't think there is a problem with long multi page threads, as this is the norm in many "challenge" type forums.

I like to have a template, and then I'll login every few days and update it (giving myself a number or a short description after each day). But feel free to change your template (or just log daily and tell us how was your day).
In addition, I like to have at least one or more weekly goals, not diet/nutrition related (like a ToDo List). I also really like to weight myself once a week, as it can be motivational. But I think it's not very encouraged here. Any thoughts?

This is my template for week 1:
Week 1: Mon 31st to Sun 6th: 
Day 1, Mon: 
Day 2, Tue: 
Day 3, Wed: 
Day 4, Thu: 
Day 5, Fri: 
Day 6, Sat: 
Day 7, Sun: 
Week 1 Goals: 

Who wants to join me? ... you can join at any time. And it's ok if you fall off ... writing it online helps to keep you accountable! :)

Views: 1183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So I only bought enough food to go either high raw for the week, or full raw for about 3 days. Any advice on how I can manage to do 811 without feeling like a total freak at the grocery store for buying so much fruit? Unfortunately, going to the store twice this week is not an option as my mom is currently paying for the grocery's until I find a job. Well, at least high raw is better than the single green smoothie I've been consuming every day.

@ Tralapouse,

I hate that song! My school use to play it every single morning to encourage us to pass our state standardized tests.

I'm in!

I'm in!!  I was just thinking this morning that I should start a November challenge.  This is perfect and my Bday is Dec. 28th so that'll be a good end to the challenge.  Not that I plan to go off 811 once the challenge is over, but it will be good to feel good for my b day.  

Here we goo!! :)

Much love!

I'm happy with my day 1: Only walked 2 miles but should probably up the fruits a bit. Going to see how I did in cronometer. 

Breakfast:

• 1 quart of water
  • juice of 2 oranges
  • 1/2 lbs grapes

Lunch

• 1/2 lb grapes
  • 4 bananas

Dinner

• quart of green juice (cucumbers, yellow pepper, tomatoes, red leaf lettuce)

I have a hard time eating salad so I thought I would juice it! I'll probably have more fruit or banana ice cream later too. 

Today I had melon for breakfast, a banana orange strawberry smoothie for lunch, and just munching on a few different left over fruits for dinner and will have a salad a little bit later.  Need to go shopping tomorrow and get stocked up again.  Oh and for exercise I ran up and down the halls at work a few times and was just busier than normal and on my feet most of the day. 

Happy Halloween!  This year I'm handing out little boxes of raisins! 

I'M IN!

I will join you! It's going to be hard through the holidays .. Every time I fall off the LFRV the next morning I wake up and feel terrible! My joints start hurting again, I feel dehydrated from all the salt, I don't have mental clarity, so I can tell the difference. People tell me all the time that Raw Food is just a fad and will go out of fashion in a few years but, not for me because I can tell the difference in how I feel.

Tara, and everyone else... I am in too! (If it isn't too late yet ;))

I have been on and off HCRV for over a year now, going back between cooked vegan and HCRV constantly, making me a bit confused because I tend to slip up on cooked vegan foods and binge in an unhealthy manner... so would really love to join all of you to find support!

Sipping my spinach banana smoothy as I click the "add reply" button :)

Good luck and happy eating to all! xx

two days strong here :  )

10 bananas

zucchini & cucumber noodle salad with romaine, orange & tomato dressing

20 dates

Hi All,

3 days of being awesome here!

Week 1: Mon 31st to Sun 6th: 
Day 1, Mon: 100% HCRV
Day 2, Tue: 100% HCRV
Day 3, Wed: 100% HCRV

I couldn't believe how this challenge could help me stick to LFRV.
We had so much free food and treats at work on Monday and Tuesday (Halloween). Before this challenge, I always had one bite if it was something I really liked. I was close a few times, but then I decided: I'm not going to fill my diary with the my cheatings and the junk food I ate. I'd be so disappointed at myself. I prefer to have a perfect week instead!

As I said, I will only update here every few days, minimum 2 times a week. But I am going to take notes on my phone if I slip. I'm still clear!
I am going to weigh myself weekly too, but just to keep track of it. It's not my goal.

AND: I have a reward program. At the end of every perfect week (or even 90% perfect), I will donate some money to 30BD. 10$ or more. I know it's not much and maybe I can't rationalize why this feels like a reward to me, but it just does! :p

I'm in aswell!

And for all of you who have not seen it yet (and also for those who has)

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/80-10-10-proof-the-raw-ve...

And you don't stop
And you don't quit
Keep rockin'
Keep shockin' it
Come on

How is everyone doing?

Hope you are all still On the wagon! ;)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
3 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
17 hours ago
Rock posted a discussion
yesterday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service