30 Bananas a Day!

Is there a legitimate reason to carry a gun?

Is it a good idea to posess a gun?

Do guns belong in this world?

My opinion is the obvious one. NO

What do you think?

More importantly, what do you feel?

Views: 1471

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think you completely misinterpreted me, I didn't write what I did out of pity, I am truly sorry and angry when anyone is attacked by any person.  I also did not write that you did not want to hurt someone attacking you to stop them, I wrote 'shoot', as many people do not want to ever shoot a human being, but of course I believe that anyone attacked or raped would do all that they could to stop it!!  My grandmother was repeatedly raped by her husband, my grandfather, for years, I know that its horrifically emotionally worse when you should be able to trust that person who violates you.

You obviously have an opinion of me in your mind as you believe "individuals like" myself have no idea how physical attacks go down, a false assumption, a cousin extremely close to me was raped after a guy she knew put the date rape drug in her drink, she has had to deal with it for the past nine years and it will always affect her.  I live near Detroit and have had many friends accosted and mugged in the city, my colleagues' eighteen year old daughter was murdered by an illegal gun and gang member, it has effected me extremely personally .  Please don't make prejudgments on people, its not cool and fosters division and maliciousness in debate.  Peace.

I don't want anyone to be sorry or angry about what happened to me. I also didn't pre-judge you. I judged you by your statements. If you "know all this" then why are you using the possibility of a rape and "personal protection" as an excuse to carry a gun, if from the experiences you mentioned a gun wouldn't have always or necessarily prevent an attack?  

Anybody else been attacked Physically?

Interesting that Pixie and I are the only two that have replied and claimed to have been seriously attacked and seem to be the most adamantly against any guns
Consider it an unfinished thought

Sexual assaults may not be mentioned here in an open forum.

I've been attacked physically too.

If I could pull out a gun the attackers would've ran away and I would've walked away unharmed.

It seems to me that if you are ready to use a gun in self defense, you must have it on you/or near you and loaded all the time.  Otherwise it's useless, no?  There is a gun in our home.  Locked away with the ammo locked somewhere else.  I don't know how to use it and would never think of using it.  (My husband inherited it) What good exactly is it to anyone in a time of need?  Everyone around here has guns.  Most use them for hunting.  I guess my opinion is that a loaded weapon is going to get used, a situation is going to be escalated a lot faster with a loaded weapon around.

I've had a gun to my back in an art supply store robbery once and my friend and I couldn't stop giggling during the whole thing.  It was the cashier's first day on the job and didn't know how to open the register without an order.  They finally got it figured out and when the robber left, a little old lady held the door open for him on the way out.  Very unreal.  But imagine if someone in the place had had a loaded weapon.  The whole scene changes.

Ah yes, the root causes.....breastfeed that baby, dammit.

If the robber knew that the other people are also 'packing heat' and he could die in there, he wouldn't even consider robbing.. people are crazy but not stupid.. ask any convict which house they'd rather trying to rob, the one with no guns or the one that's loaded? the one with or without a pit-bull? the one with or without an alarm/security camera system?

Can we please just leave any talk of state out of this?

Take your statist talk to the statist discussion that windlord linked us to in the second comment.

I want to hear how people really feel about a world without guns. Maybe not a world without violence, I know I'm not quite there yet, but getting rid of guns entirely seems like a realistic step we can take. Seriously!

I mean, if we can convince everyone on earth about our message on 30BaD, we are absolutely like, sooooo freaking close! It really doesn't seem that hard at all.

So continue with your thoughts, agree or disagree, but please, don't talk about a no-meat law. Alright? ;-)

You're barking at the wrong tree Brad.. go convince the bad guys to stop using guns. Those of us who own guns for self-defense will never actually use a gun unless attacked by them bad guys.

I know there are many 100% responsible gun owners, but I believe that long-term, having a vibration of peace will create peace and I do believe it works that way.

Guns create dominance and an illusion of peace. Very much like a pill for an ailment.

Again I understand we are not there yet, just like in my life eating 100% raw food is not practical, in my opinion. I still do the very best I can to stick to my principles.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Allison Frances and Jessica are now friends
1 hour ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"As Liquidity Evaporates, Fed's Third Bill POMO Is 5.5 Oversubscribed, Most Yet #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2Jd6RDz"
10 hours ago
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
Sunday
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Oct 16
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Oct 16
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Oct 16
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service