30 Bananas a Day!

Is there a legitimate reason to carry a gun?

Is it a good idea to posess a gun?

Do guns belong in this world?

My opinion is the obvious one. NO

What do you think?

More importantly, what do you feel?

Views: 1471

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think it is silly that you would rather be raped then shoot someone in defense.

Wow.
I don't think anyone Ever said they would choose to raped, but to have a gun on you when that were to happen means you must carry it Everywhere at all times.. And yes that would put you in constant fear of having to use it. Always looking at people in suspicion, ready to grab for it, making sure not to accidentally shoot yourself with it.. And to be able to get it and attempt to use it when they are already on top of you not only seems unreasonable but sounds more dangerous as they could take it from you.

I think it's insane that you'd ask (as it showed up in my email) "did you want to get raped?" WTF? Did you even read what I wrote? 

If I carried mace or a taser would that be living in fear too?

How about you just leave this group because I think your comments have been completely inappropriate and insensitive. 

As my dad told me "if you need one, you shouldn't be there in the first place"

True. I'd rather radiate peace than dominance. I've been fortunate to have the time space situation etc. to come to this decision, but it truly is the high road, without a doubt.

Edit-that is, to risk being a victim.
Sorry

'Is there a legitimate reason to carry a gun?

Is it a good idea to posess a gun?'

-yes, check out this book: More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws

Decades of historical data/statistics show that more guns = less crime.

@Rawbert

Does that book include data from countries where they have gun control ever since? The book description says that it includes "provocative analysis of the effects of gun bans in Chicago and Washington, D.C". I wonder if there is data about countries where most people are forbidden to own a gun - not just cities with gun control.

Study after study, and common sense, enforces this fact.

" You were in a specific situation as well, probably not willing to shoot someone that you know.  I would think its a really good idea for you to carry, but you don't, so I would never want to infringe on your right not to have a gun."

I didn't write what I did for pity. I said what I said, which you misinterpreted, because individuals like yourself have no idea how rape and physical attacks actually go down. It isn't like the movies. I never EVER said I did not want to harm my attackers. How does that even make sense? If your husband or lover raped you, do you think you'd be okay with that? No, you'd feel 100X worse because someone you trusted, someone you cared about violated that trust. (That isn't exactly what happened to me but I'm just saying the idea that date rapes is less harmful is bullshit). My point was even with a gun I would have been unable to defend myself. My attackers waited until I was vulnerable, this is what rapist do. Unless you plan on carrying a weapon with you ALL THE TIME including at work, in the shower, when you go to take a piss, on every date you've ever been on, at a bar, etc it is completely useless and perhaps dangerous because it could be used by your attacker. Guns just give you a false sense of security, one which is probably extremely dangerous. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
5 hours ago
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service