30 Bananas a Day!

Is there a legitimate reason to carry a gun?

Is it a good idea to posess a gun?

Do guns belong in this world?

My opinion is the obvious one. NO

What do you think?

More importantly, what do you feel?

Views: 1471

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Actually I see your point. Those that aren't into healthy living just can't be trusted! Definitely the most important mission is getting people to take care of themselves. I don't really care what you trustworthy folks do one way or another, and I will have no regrets when someone comes and steals my bike.

Clearly the nonviolent option is not the one that works for everyone in every situation.
Umm .. I don't necessarily know where to begin w/ this thread other than to say I know someone in law enforcement..
Pepper spray? Convincing the world no one in it needs guns? Convincing? Are you serious????
Ever hear of a little something called cartels?
Hmh?
Drugs? Seizure of millions of dollars worth of automatic weapons that goes on monthly in this country?

I apologize if I sound highly rude or insensitive. I mean no harm but I'm sorry. A lot of you guys live in a fairy land.

16 million dollars worth of cocaine seized this month in Puerto Rico. 34 million worth seized in June of this year right off it's coast. Thousands and thousands of innocent lives lost at the Mexican border and this viciousness happens all the time... And it begins with knives. It is just hard for me to accept when people don't see the evil that is in this world. Especially when that evil is pointing something at my loved one's head... and it's not pepper spray.

And how do you expect these men and women.. These people defending our lives .. to defend their own? Against these monsters.
Fairy land.
We have the key to ending global violence and you think it's a delusion.

You are entitled to your opinion but I have pages upon pages of things to say that I will not say in this thread.

Don't tell ME I'm in a fairy land, got it?
Good luck convincing these evil people that 'fruit' is their answer for happiness. If they don't kill you first.

And btw, I don't appreciate your tone. Carb up bud..
'Hilarious war on drugs'? Wow, there's no delusion in this statement at all.
Oh, and I don't see any of you peace-loving anti- gun individuals protecting our borders or the rest of our country in terms of law enforcement. (And yes there needs to be law enforcement.)

I just figured.. This is a view that attempts to solve the problem if violence, but I believe that instead of fruit, that God is the answer to this. If we are speaking about fundamental beliefs, this is mine. I want peace in this world, too, but I do not believe fruit is the only answer.
The Creator, not the creation, is what I believe is the answer to peace, be it personal, inter- personal or international peace.

The war on drugs IS tragicomic and it only exist because the government declared some vegetation and drugs 'illegal'.. while others like alcohol, cigarettes and prescription drugs are 'legal'. When you make something illegal, demand increases and the market will supply it. In other words the gov keeps the drug cartels in business with the war on drugs program.

Borders don't need 'protection'.. there should be no borders at all.. they only exist because of the tax-farms we live in. 

Wow, lots of comments on here now!  My comment is not about guns, but about self-defense.

I highly recommend taking a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu self-defense class.  I've taken one and they teach you how to use leverage so that you can break someone's arm and get out of the situation.  Or if you wake up to someone straddling you, to get in a position that you can choke them and make them pass out while you run away (or you could choke them to the point of death if you'd rather do it that way.)  This works even if you are a small female trying to defend yourself against a large male.  Awesome class.  And good for those who don't want to carry guns or are afraid that they wouldn't be able to use the gun to defend themselves.

I think that if more people felt personally empowered, by getting stronger and healthier, less people would feel threatening or threatened.  So I like the self defense classes, too, at part of this feeling strong and better about myself.  

Good self esteem starts with a child getting it's needs met.  The best world peace option to me is to mentor a child who's at risk.  Or in some way meet the needs of children.

This video is just of a thought. Maybe kindness is still the key.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8z14A03XPw

And Brad Ramsey, don't open up an obvious hot topic/ controversial discussion just so you can rudely slam anyone with a different (and more logical and truthful) opinion than yours. This kind of behavior, frankly, is salacious and inflammatory, and certainly doesn't lend itself to solving the world's peace problem. Done looking at your thread topics/ comments.

Morgan, I'm glad you're here to offer your opinion, but from viewing your first post on this thread you kind of came up shooting, if I may use this pun.  There are some very bizarre and strong opinions in these boards because we are bizarre and strong people!  You'll fit right in but remembering not to take things personally will help you benefit from the myriad of opinions.

Thanks Mary good advice for all of us

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Fed Prints Hundreds Of Billions For Repo, Majority Of US Banks At Risk Of Failure In Next Downturn #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2MGiJjV"
4 hours ago
Allison Frances and Jessica are now friends
16 hours ago
"As Liquidity Evaporates, Fed's Third Bill POMO Is 5.5 Oversubscribed, Most Yet #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2Jd6RDz"
yesterday
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
Sunday
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Oct 16
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Oct 16
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Oct 16
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service