30 Bananas a Day!

great site with nutritional research information

this is dr greger's new site:

http://nutritionfacts.org/

he has many excerpts from his videos here listing the peer reviewed papers that inspired them. this can be a very fine resource for anyone who wants to see what the science research has to say about various topics.

(note: we may not agree with some of the findings for various reasons, but this resource is nevertheless very useful due to the variety of topics and greger's fine and delightful  presentation.)

also uploaded is the biblio for the 3700+ articles and resources that have gone (so far) into making his dvds and the site. more bibs will follow as they are prepared. the bibs were produced using Pere Constans' excellent open source (gpl3 licensed) cb2bib program.

UPDATE 2013-07-15: greger's site could use some help with your donations to pay for web expenses. you can make your contributions here.

the text:

this week's update from www.nutritionfacts.org

in friendship,

prad

====

will introduce each posting.

in friendship,

prad

Views: 11670

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

greetings neuron! and welcome to 30bad!

you may find more substantial information here:

i told you so

as well as this the science category.

there will be more added over the course of the next few months.

in friendship,

prad

thank you, prad!

Yes, I discovered this site this week and find it to be a great source for scientific papers on plant based diet related research.

This particular video may be of interest to us 30BaDers...

awesome!

From the abstract of one of the studies sited:

Dates contain elemental fluorine that is useful in protecting teeth against decay

please note that the original post now has an attachment containing the biblio which backs much of the items greger presents.

in friendship,

prad

Mmm as they add it (fluorine and not pharma grade either, more like power station byproduct) to the water around here, them (dates) and green tea may be on my less than optimal health food :)

Great post, Prad

green tea may be on my less than optimal health food

ya if you go by some of those studies you'd start to think it's ambrosia!!

actually, green tea is an excellent cleaner - i've seen the waiters pour it over the table in chinese restaurants and wipe it down for their next customers. :D

in friendship,

prad

hi adam!

garlic probably is a great anticancer item. it's supposed to be pretty good at keep vampires away too.

the thing with any of these findings is to remember that they highlight a specific part of the picture only. so it's useful to at least be aware of some of the other parts as well:

Dangers of Garlic

in friendship,

prad

greger has done what i've seen no one else in the veg movement do as well:

he has brought the available science to the people in an understandable way!

imho, we should help promote this site by dropping its link whenever we can.

at the time of this post it is ranked at #388,882 which is unfortunate considering the depth and value of the information it presents.

i also highly recommend his dvds (even though you'll be able to get most of them on the site eventually). they are well-researched, clear and even humorous! he gives proceeds from them to pro-animal charities.

http://www.drgreger.org/DVDs/

in friendship,

prad

here's an update on the site from michael himself!

in friendship,

prad

====

Improvements to NutritionFacts.org

Hello Friend,

NutritionFacts.org has been up for about 300 days and gotten about 3 million page views. I'm honored that so many people find my work valuable. That's what keeps me going all those long nights trying (and succeeding!) to fulfill my promise to post a new video every day. I've got some great stuff coming up and I'm excited to share some of the new features so you won't miss a beet!

Those who have registered on the site (subscription is--and always will be--free) will note you now have a whole new menu of options. When you log in and click Account you will now have the option of an expanded profile. You'll see you can now choose to subscribe (or unsubscribe!) to daily emails describing the NutritionFacts.org video-of-the-day, or a week-in-review type compilation of new videos and/or blog posts by editing your User Details. 

To celebrate the new souped-up subscription service, every week I'm going to offer a random subscriber a free Latest in Nutrition DVD of their choice, so please make sure you're registered. You can then watch the lucky winners roll in on our Facebook page.

It's now also easier than ever to share videos with those you think will benefit the most by clicking the share options below each video on the site.  Each subscription email also offers a way to share videos and articles of interest easily by clicking the "Forward to a Friend" link.  Many new exciting features are coming to NutritionFacts.org in the near future, including additional enhancements to the community features and additional ways to share and discuss popular topics on the site.

You'll also notice we've started to populate the topic pages with link-rich descriptions to offer some context as to how all the videos on a particular subject fit together. See, for example: Diabetes. We have a great group of volunteers putting these together, but there's still a thousand topics to go! If you're interested in helping out, please email our volunteer coordinator (who herself is a volunteer--thank you Denise!) at: NutritionFactsVolunteers@gmail.com.

Finally, I'm excited to share that NutritionFacts.org is now an official 501c3 nonprofit charity. All donations to NutritionFacts.org are now tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. To donate, big or small, click here. NutritionFacts.org remains the first and only free, non-commercial, science-based site to provide daily video updates on the latest discoveries in nutrition. Please help me spread the word and thank you for your continued interest and support.

In health,

Michael Greger M.D.

Michael Greger M.D.
NutritionFacts.org

Updates from NutritionFacts.org

Latest Video

Is Hydroponic Basil as Healthy?
Jun 27, 2012 08:00 am

The antioxidant, phytonutrient, and vitamin content of basil grown in water (hydroponic) is compared to basil grown in soil.

Like Is Hydroponic Basil as Healthy? on Facebook share on Twitter  Google Plus One Button 

Twitter

here is a full 55min video by greger that's really worth watching (not so much by the people here, but those out there):

Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death

(thx rawbert for bringing attention to this)

in friendship,

prad

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service