30 Bananas a Day!

Hi there, just watched a cool vid on Ellen Degeneres Show. She also is vegan for two years now....and Mike Tyson too. Check it out:

http://youtu.be/e-tud34Njzg

Views: 267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NEW YORK (May 29.2003) -- Mike Tyson said he's so angry about his rape conviction 11 years ago that he wants to rape his accuser and her mother now. In a television interview scheduled for broadcast Thursday night, the former heavyweight boxing champion repeated his claim that he was innocent of raping beauty pageant contestant Desiree Washington in 1991 in an Indianapolis hotel room.

"I just hate her guts,'' he said. "... She put me in that state, where I don't know. I really wish I did now. But now I really do want to rape her and her... mama.''

Tyson, 36, was convicted in 1992 and was sentenced to six years in prison. He served three years before being released on parole.

He made the comments during an interview in Miami Beach, Fla., with Fox news anchor Greta Van Susteren, who was reviewing the trial.
Wow, real hero......... :/
it was a setup!
Sure, but Garth... did you read the piece AnarchoFembot posted above here? I mean... he just seems like a violent uglyminded personality. I understand what you mean but it is safe to say that Mike Tyson is far from a rolemodel.

That is true Garth :) to let go of judgement can be a huge weight of one's shoulders.

Still, I am human and I find what I have gotten to know about Mike Tyson not very pleasant, and yes I tend to judge a man by the words he speaks, even if he might have been a trainwreck back then, it is really hostile what he said, I don't think alcohol or drugs ever is an excuse for someone to treat someone else like garbage. But you are definitely right that you feel a lot better when you just don't react negatively to other people.

isn't eating meat considered rape too by most of us here? if so, then we are all rapists for life?
No, and no.
Dr. No

I think more murder, we are murderers for life ;)

It is a delicate issue for most, because most of us here grew up and were raised eating meat and/or animal products. And eventhough we were perhaps unaware of the hurt and damage we were causing through partaking in the murder and abuse of animals, we still were part of the industry because we consumed and used these products. No, it is not a hate crime like rape is, but it is murder whatever way you look at it.

Vitor, what I am saying is that either way you look at is, murder is murder. Whatever the reason is someone participated in the murder (directly or indirectly) of an animal, it is still murder.

I think it is good to take our own actions into account.

And no, I would never say rape is the same as eating meat, which is why I made the comparison of eating meat with murder, and not rape, as Janne did.

I have really disliked the past actions of Mike T. But to me no matter what else he does I can feel very good that he has become a vegan. We all who are vegans are role models for others to become vegan regardless of other stuff in our lives. None of us are perfect, and I know the animals are glad we are vegans, the animals are glad Mike is a vegan. Being a vegan doesn't necessarily mean we are good people, who is all good or all bad anyway? Being a vegan does mean that animals don't have to suffer to feed and clothe us and in my opinion that is good, but some would argue.
I really liked the utube video with Ellen. Oh my gosh, Mike looks so much better now. The fact that he has been sober for 2 years is an inspiration too. Good for Mike.
I fear I ramble, please forgive me.
=)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"HIGH TREE-ZIN! MCKABE, LISA PAYJE & SHIFTY ADAM COLLUDED WITH FOREIGN ASSETS IN THEIR COUP ATTEMPT! #truth #light#now http://bit.ly/2VaavBZ"
12 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Declares National Emergency To Pay For Border Wall #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Gu5rVt"
Friday
chris jones is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Friday
Houdini Steve Owens joined M ♦'s group
Feb 13
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Hanyi Zhang
Feb 13
Profile IconHanyi Zhang and Maëwa joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Feb 11
Reese posted a discussion
Feb 8
Olga posted a discussion
Feb 7
VeritasCurat is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 7
Peter Csere posted a video

Amazon Fruit Festival 2020

Be there or eat a pear! Ecuador. January 16-22, 2020. http://www.amazonfruitfestival.com AFF 2019 was a blast. Come to AFF 2020! Tickets on sale now, starting at $475 (prices go up April 1st.)
Feb 5
Manual Pedal posted a video

Surly Ogre Long Term Review

This is a review on my new #SurlyOgre after retiring my #SurlyLongHaulTrucker. I've had this bike for several months now. I updated it with all my parts from...
Feb 5
Profile IconHolly and Olga joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 5
Charlotte Pickering replied to Peter Csere's discussion Terra Frutis in Ecuador is looking for members!
Feb 5
Feb 5

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service