30 Bananas a Day!

hey guys, so i'm going to be going with cooked long grain brown rice and perhaps some potatoes for a short time until i've got my fruit game on lock

i have 2 cups rice cooking at the moment, and i'm going up to steam up a bag of frozen corn to add in as well. i was wondering if anybody has any good ideas besides soy sauce (yuck!) to add to this meal to make it easier for me to eat. it might not be too bad plain, i'm not quite sure. i had rosemary, thyme, some of that lemon juice in a bottle (will get real lemons soon!) and some dill and perhaps other herbs. any suggestions?!?! i'm sure i'll figure something out, i was just whether anybody else had any exceptional ideas

thanks and have a great night everyone ^_^

Views: 1087

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Ugh.. silly internet cut out while saving my reply, so half of it was cut off..Twice! Anyway, here it is (again):

Good point lol but not quite what he was asking. I'm sure he knows that the ideal is fruit, we all know that cooked starches are the next best thing though (minus any processed flavourings of course). If he can manage on fruit and cooked starches without being tempted by other things, he's doing very well. He can always up his fruit intake over time :D which is what I love about this lifestyle; it's a journey!

Smiles for miles x

I totally agree.

blend dates with a bit of water and a bit of peppers

Word, as long as you keep the processed toppings off, cooked starches are the second best staple. You might experiment with herbs, but you could also just try to chew the starches enough until they break down into sugars by your saliva, becoming sweeter. This can help you learn to savor your food and simultaneously digest the starches better, which will make eating fruit even more effortless :)

Blend up some tomato, celery, mango, a date or some sultanas and a bit of red capsicum and basil, chop in some cucumber and baby spinach, and pour over the rice and corn. And personally, I find basmati (a white) rice easiest to digest.

What I have been doing a lot lately, since I am not 100% fruit yet either, is taking some Muir Glen No Salt Added Tomato Sauce and drizzling that on my rice. It is a great way to zest up the dish. In addition to that, then just adding either some greens or more fresh tomatoes or other raw veggies. Another thing I've added to it is just a little bit of hummus. Slightly overt fat from tahini I know, but it is delicious.

How about chopping up some raw veggies and mixing them in?

great advice everybody... i've come to the conclusion however that i just do not like rice very much... i will definitely take everyone's advice in this thread, thank you for it.

but now i'm just even more motivated to get more FRUIT! that's what my body really wants.

what do you guys think about gluten free oats vs. rice? because the other thing i've been doing when i'm out of fruit is blending up a smoothie with frozen berries, gluten free oats, a little bit of almond milk and the rest water. any input on this smoothie will be VERY appreciated.. i figure since it's gluten free it's really not THAT bad, still not the ideal though. what do ya'll think?

and thanks again for the advice everybody!

Those recommending mo fruit are right on.

We only advise starchy carbs when ample and edible fruit just can't be found.  In such cases, carbs even in cooked form stay the priority.  BUT, they're still 2nd class citizens compared to las fruitas. 

As per guidelines, our forum isn't designed to recommend how to make cooked food tasty.   

But like Macy's in "Miracle on 34th Street" we're able to direct you to those who can :)

http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/index.php

May I ask what's keeping you from shopping for more fruits you can eat here and now?

Why don't you, in the future, buy some extra bananas to freeze?  That way you have a backup source of calories to blend with the frozen berries.

+1

Do nothing at all! 

In case of fruit famine for whatever reason, no ripe fruit, and or financial, I cautiously advise people to just steam the rice with no oils or seasonings.

Instead of adding veggies that might cause belly aches and digestive upsets, I tell people start dinner with a large salad.  Salad greens and spinach greens are usually always available even in winter, and tomatoes are a good topper. 

After eating a huge salad, then eat the rice.

Although many of us digest rice better than other things, it is still not an optimum food for humans and lacks a lot of our much needed vitamins and minerals, is a little high on the protein side and could be conducive to cancer, and may cause digestive difficulties in some people.

Peace, PK

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service