30 Bananas a Day!

I have horses in Alabama and I am very reluctant to share my diet with the people at my farm. My farrier (trims/shoes horse hooves) and I, somehow, got on the discussion of diet and performance. He is what you call husky, not obese but has a lot of muscle and a good layer of fat, he's not puffy yet as I believe he's in his early 30's but you can tell he's not going to get lean in the long run. His diet is bacon, eggs, sausage, and pancakes in the morning for the most part. He is close to some local pesticide free farms witch is awesome! Great fresh sweet corn, peaches, and blueberries right now! He's a very logical and intelligent guy, I don't crown many small town Alabama boy's with those two labels often at all. He asked me yesterday if I could help him with his diet to enhance performance...doesn't care so much about losing weight as he does being more efficient with his job. I do a lot of research, it's one of my favorite things about this program (It's all logical). I understand the amount of meat consumption is VERY low in a Chinese or Kenyan diet (Kenyan's also consume whole milk). I want to get him to follow the ratio as closely as possible BUT diminish his animal product consumption by a lot. I'm hoping someone out there can pass on a few tips! I understand that cutting meat out completely is going to be really challenging at first but I really think he might begin to understand why it works if he tries it and is informed. I'm going to gather as much info as I can get for him. Meal ideas would be good if you could throw some examples at me (more southern home cooking style if possible). I have a very good idea of what I'm going to write out for him, but I would love it if anyone could give me some more facts. Thanks a bunch!

Views: 717

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FYI, we keep all our cooked discussion in this group: High Carb Cooked Vegan Discussions

So if you are wanting specifics on cooked or transition ideas you can post a discussion in that group. 

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/30bads-policy-on-procooked

The rest of the 30BaD guidelines are here: http://www.30bananasaday.com/notes/Notes_Home

Thank you! I wasn't sure where to put tis when I posted it a while back :p

no prob, happy to help!  :)

FYI, we keep all our cooked discussion in this group: High Carb Cooked Vegan Discussions

So if you are wanting to share specifics on cooked or transition ideas you can post a discussion in that group. 

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/30bads-policy-on-procooked

The rest of the 30BaD guidelines are here: http://www.30bananasaday.com/notes/Notes_Home

Consider a positive challenge for the guy ;-)

Like,... "Do you got what it takes to eat a whole water melon in one sitting?"

Chllenges are a fun way to get into things the easy way.

HAHA! I did exactly that! I was like are you man enough....works every time :P

I didn't get to talk very long with my farrier yesterday but here's his progress: Lost 9 lbs, feels more energetic, looks less red and puffy in the face, and now eats a salad for dessert ;) haha hopefully I can talk a little more with him this week. When I went to go place my check in his car I saw a bunch of bananas in the passenger seat! I'm so thrilled to see people doing well with this ratio of eating. The logic is all there.

Ha that's awesome! I know, when I see someone with bananas I gasp and think, a banana girl/boy! :D

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
13 hours ago
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Tuesday
allie posted a discussion
Tuesday
allie posted a photo
Tuesday
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
Jun 10

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service