30 Bananas a Day!

i am going to my second protest tonight.  I met this group of vegans when one day i was heading home with my groceries I saw a group of people protesting coyote fur in front of a store near my home.  I quickly made a sign once i arrived home and rode my bike back in the snow and protested with them.  (i bike year round).  They invited me to the local vegan restaurant and I met many cool people, and we had a raw vegan pot luck too.

anyway tonights protest is against bull riding and my sign says:

"RIDE BIKES NOT BULLS"

I am very happy I started protesting and was able to meet so many people! cheers

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sweet, man! Sounds like a fitting sign from you.

Make sure nobody does anything stupid. A peaceful protest can be very educational and effective, especially in large numbers. When you throw violence into the mix, it just makes the whole cause look bad, especially if the media gets hold of it.

Glad you met some local vegan folk!

cool but careful they just passed laws against protesting now and even any form of non compliance .  organize  jail support ahead of time.

oh wait your in Canada, never mind... hah

Protests feel good for the people holding the signs, but what does it really do for those bulls?    If the protest worked, who would care for the bulls?  What happens to them?  Reality: they get in the express lane to the slaughter house.  I'm all for educating the public but the only way to save those bulls would be offer money, adopt the animals and commit to care for them.  I have nearly 2 dozen rescues and it's a tough job. I hope it goes well and that people aren't too rude over there. 

good for you jon!

protests are certainly an important mechanism for creating change.

people need to speak up for the victims.

in friendship,

prad

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
yesterday
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 21
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service