30 Bananas a Day!

I've just gone vegetarian recently (a month ago), and I am currently trying to go raw till 4 vegan. I've been feeling really groggy at times, and have had little energy. Sometimes I get so emotional that I feel like crying, and I'm very sensitive.

I eat a 4-banana smoothie with berries every morning and usually a low fat meal for lunch and dinner (essentially I am currently raw till 12 or 2pm, but it's a start). Can anyone tell me what things they have personally done to help ease the detox, or foods/meals that made them feel better during the beginning of a raw till 4 vegan lifestyle?

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started experimenting with the raw til 4 diet actually right after thanksgiving last year.  i went six days straight raw just to try it out.  Yes i experienced the flu like symptoms the 1st few days when i thought that i got hit by a truck.  I was trying every smoothie under the sun to find out what i could drink at work everyday and be happy drinking it.  My energy levels were really no different at the time.  I should note that i had already started at a weight loss of 35-40 lbs over the past year or so.  So I was not starting from a bad health standpoint.  Also I lost that weight basically from eliminating dairy and gluten from my diet.  It worked wonders and i never calorie restricted.  Becoming a vegetarian was the final step and over the last month vegan.  Now for the last few weeks, I have been hardcore sticking to the raw til 4 lifestyle and finally loving it.  Food wise, I'm bananas for bananas! I always liked them but I honestly think that i have eaten more bananas over the past 6 months than i did in whole life before.  Half of my calories a day come from bananas either as mono meals or in smoothies.  Nutritional speaking, they are close to being the perfect food and very affordable on top of that.  I also think that eating rice and potatoes as your base after 4 food is important to feel satisfied that you actually ate something.  I believe DR has stated that vegs should never be your base as many people fall prey to with different types of diets out there.  They are too low in calories and without the adds/salad dressings, they just not satisfying.  I use the cronometer daily and enter everything possible and my weight everyday.  I keep on experimenting with different foods to see how it affects my energy, if i get bloating or not, if it made me gain or lose weight and also am i consistently getting my daily vitamins and minerals from that days food.  I'm only low on vitamin D but it does not count into if i was outside for any period of time that day.  Over on fiber normally and vitamin A.

Thanks a bunch, Vincent! I'll probably start tracking the food I eat and the emotions I feel. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Are Vacuum Blenders Worth It?! With John Kohler

Diving deep into the subject of Vacuum Blenders with the man the myth the legend John Kohler. We go into what are vacuum blenders, what are the advantages an...
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Did Google Assassinate Wife Of Whistleblower Who Exposed The Search Engine? #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2TIghNE"
Wednesday
"The Fed Is Stuck In QE Hell #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/30MnEoQ"
Tuesday
Alex Curtis-Slep's photo was featured
Jan 18
Profile IconRonald Gordon, Kelli Hayes, Neda and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 18
Michael Lanfield posted a video
Jan 18
"Weekend $500B Bank Bailout Needed for Jamie Dimon's Bonus! (Bix Weir) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2NAhwdZ"
Jan 18
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
Jan 17
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
Jan 17
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
Jan 16
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service