30 Bananas a Day!

So I love this lifestyle-blablabla but I want to go out to eat with my dad who loves Indian food. I know it's not optimal but I will stay low fat high carb vegan. I want to know what are the types of restaurants (ethnic, food type, etc.) is and what you guys suggest I do to ensure I stay the healthiest? And what ethnic restaurant types do you think are the best ( Italian, Chinese, etc.)? Thanks guys!

Views: 285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chinese, cause then you can get stir fried veggies with steamed rice. Just make sure to suggest very little oil used and no fish sauce, ask questions, etc.

Don't Indian restaurants have a lot of vegetarian options? Just see their menu, ask questions, make sure they understand that you don't eat any animals or any animal products. You could also call ahead of time and talk to the chef if need by.

Italian you can get spaghetti, make sure to get marinara sauce, low oil, low salt if you can. Can get salads, stuff like that. 

Mexican food has many vegan options as long as you omit the cheese and meat from burritos, quesadillas,. Get black beans instead of refried (because normally there is animal fat in there), potatoes, tortilla chips (not necessarily low fat or low salt)

Those are just some ideas. Look up restaurants in your area and check their menus. Good luck!

Thank you so much and of coarse I will only go to vegetarian or vegan restaurants! This was very insightful!

Indian is my restaurant of choice. Nothing wrong with Indian and plenty of vegan substitutes / options. Italian you are pretty much screwed as a vegan. Vietnamese is a new fave of mine too! Excellent food choices!

Yes thank you so much! Do you find they use too much oil or salt? And what do you think are the best high carb choices?

Not sure if this will help you but it's a great article by 30BaD Peacekeeper Teri L. : How To Stay 100% Raw Vegan At Resturants, And LOVE It! 

+1 :-D That's the one! This is the one I was trying to think when I saw the title of this Post :-)

Thank you but I don't want to be 100% raw if I go out to eat and I don't find any trouble with it but thank you!

i would order just a veggie and rice type dish. when i go to steakhouses and other places i always order pasta, and when i go to chinese places i order bowls of rice with the ginger sauce (so good), and then asian places are easy bc i just get vegan sushi. 

but pasta is definitely a staple for eating out in order to stay vegan, and high carb. 

oh yea but thai is definitely the best choice for eating out!!!! NOM 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
yesterday
fruity78 posted a discussion
yesterday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
ednshell commented on Rawgasm's group No mobile phones
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"One Bank Finally Admits The Fed's "NOT QE" Is Indeed QE... And Could Lead To Financial Collapse #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2NQ5Jsc"
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Thursday
Thursday
Kris and Kevin are now friends
Wednesday
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Nov 13
Nov 13
Nov 13
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
Nov 13
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service