30 Bananas a Day!

alright everyone, i'm really happy to say that i will be going on banana island as soon as i can round up all the bananas.. i plan on aiming to eat 30+ per day, maybe 25 on a day where i'm not as hungry. my goal is to do it a full two weeks

so i had a question.. i've been buying my bananas from the local supermarket and it's been nearly impossible ensure that i will have 30 ripe ones everyday as they can easily take 3-4 days to ripen fully. what are the benefits to buying bulk and is that essential to making it through banana island? where is a good place to order from or find some? do you buy them ripe? do they stay ripe? a little ignorant to bananas in general here

any other advice/encouragements would be much appreciated! my main concern is ensuring i have enough bananas for each day so i don't end up binging out on crap.

thanks for any help guys, i really appreciate it. i apologize if it's easy to find this information elsewhere, i couldn't seem to find the answer for my question about the simplest way to obtain the bananas!

have a nice night everyone :)

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what are the benefits to buying bulk and is that essential to making it through banana island?

-I buy in bulk, and depending on where I buy, they'll give me a discount.  It's pretty essential to buy them in bulk, unless you plan on stopping by the store often.  You say you'll be eating 25+ a day, but what if you get extra hungry and don't happen to have any on hand?  It would set you up to chow down on whatever is available.  It's just nice to have them around.

where is a good place to order from or find some? do you buy them ripe? do they stay ripe?

-Personally, I don't order them, but just walk right into the store and ask them.  More than likely, they'll but helpful to your needs.  Albeit, people will often ask you questions or give you funny looks, but that's part of the fun.  I personally can't get them ripe, so I don't buy them ripe.  I buy a box, and wait until they ripen.  In the meantime, the box I purchased before that is ripe, so I munch off of them.  It's a constant circle.  they stay ripe, of course, but often times they start to creep into the territory of too ripe.  At this point, I'll peel them and put them into plastic bags, and then place them into the freezer.  I can use the frozen bananas for ice cream, smoothies or whatever.

awesome, you guys have both been super helpful, thank you :)

so Derek, let's say the first box of 100-120 gets ripe. how long do i have to get through those before they go bad? i have no idea how long they typically stay ripe for

also, do you generally do what Rach does and buy from a local store?

you're right Rach, not having enough on hand could potentially be a fatal mistake. i'd rather have a surplus and end up eating extra some days while just upping my exercise muahahaha!

so since large banana meals can feel pretty stimulating is it wise to cut off your eating at a certain time of night before i hit the bed sheets?

thanks again guys, i appreciate the help so much. i can barely wait to get this feast started full force :)

how spotty is just getting spotty? lol

also if i didn't do that, i could simply peel any that are heading towards becoming overripe and freeze them for smoothies couldn't i?

i can't eat them anymore when they're JUST getting spotty.  i attempted to make a smoothie with some yesterday, and the under ripeness made me gag.  lol

i can't stand eating them when they aren't very ripe either.. they don't really give me that same super energetic feeling

so in your guys' experience how dramatically can the quality in bananas differ from a regular old supermarket's supply to the real high quality ones?

and hey thanks again for the help guys :) will be going to the store tomorrow to see if i can get a bulk supply so i can finally start this feast fully

thanks. i plan on doing either that or peeling and freezing them for smoothies

have you noticed how long they will typically stay ripe for once they reach peak ripeness, or can it vary? i've never really guaged that because i tend to just go through them like candy once they ripen

meh, i've only been able to get organic ones a few times and not in bulk.  they always tasted a bit better.

interesting. i'd hate to think what i'm getting is way below average quality, but hey i guess it's 10x better than other thangs i could be eating. i guess i just need to become more experienced with fruit so i can tell what's good and what's not

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
6 hours ago
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
7 hours ago
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
7 hours ago
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
8 hours ago
ednshell commented on Rawgasm's group No mobile phones
8 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"One Bank Finally Admits The Fed's "NOT QE" Is Indeed QE... And Could Lead To Financial Collapse #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2NQ5Jsc"
23 hours ago
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
yesterday
yesterday
Kris and Kevin are now friends
Wednesday
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Tuesday
Tuesday
Tuesday
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
Tuesday
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
Lynae K. commented on victoria conde's blog post GOODBYE Tanglewood
Tuesday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Tuesday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service