30 Bananas a Day!

Im married to a non vegan which makes it difficult to get my daughter to 100% vegan. Now they are having hotdogs, which makes me so sad, even though it doesnt happen often. 

Fighting my husband dosent help. In generel he gives her lots of frut, veggies, rice and oatmeal, But then maybe once a week they have some animal product together. 

My daughter doesnt eat lots of animalproducts because shes a picky eater, and she feels bad for the animals having to die. Shes 8 so a lot of the movies like Earthlings ect are too hard for her now.

Anyone knows about some vegan educational material for children?

Thank you

Regards Gitte from Denmark

Views: 749

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a link to a list of movies, I haven't watched them myself.

http://plenteousveg.com/animal-rights-movies/

But yes, Earthlings would be hard on her.. But at the same time she will never forget it and the message will probably stick.

lmao, I never actually looked at more than the first one before posting.. But these are movies she would enjoy, and you can discuss them with her. They all will present an animal point of view.

Thank you a lot

This short video is kid friendly imo:

We incubate eggs from various birds like guineas, chickens, ducks and geese every year and then give them to a friend who has a hobby farm where no animal is killed or eggs eaten- this has definitely effected the kids in our neighborhood to not want to eat birds and one child asked her mother if they could go vegan.

We also have visited a farm sanctuary and a small grass fed beef farm.  Not much had to be said on my part, the kids just heard and saw reality, nothing outright violent of course just the cows and their babies and the knowledge of what was going to happen to them.  I read about one woman visiting a small dairy farm and she said it moved her deeply and she never had dairy after that.  She said that although the cows were treated pretty well, the whole thing just did not sit well with her and she decided she did not want to associate with that operation in any way.  So maybe live tours of local places would be even better than a book or movie.

Good idea to visit a farm. Thank you

This sounds like an epic idea....

Give all the cows names, and give her a cow doll for her to name also! :)

Thank U so much

I tried showing that one to my wife and kid, but they ran out of the room.

you're kidding, did they know how mild it was or did they think it was going to be really graphic?  did you traumatize them already with other stuff? ;) 

I'm not kidding.  Once the sad music started playing and the guy started trying to separate the calf, they both ran out of the room because they didn't want to see what was going to happen.

Note, they weren't watching it together.  I showed it to them individually.  They both reacted the same.

There is Babe the talking pig film which has a scene where a big scary truck comes in to take the pig's mother away to be slaughtered.  They don't show anything but the truck coming to take the older pigs away, and that would go over most 8 year old's heads, but if you wanted, you could explain that they were taking her to be killed to make hot dogs out of her.

However, there is a scene where one of the nice sheep dies after being attacked by a group of wild dogs.  They don't show it being mauled or anything, but they show it lying down after the fact, with a bit of blood.  That scene may be a bit hard for little kids who get attached to one of the characters in the film.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
37 minutes ago
allie posted a discussion
4 hours ago
allie posted a photo
4 hours ago
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
20 hours ago
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
21 hours ago
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Thursday
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service