30 Bananas a Day!

I have already noticed great changes to my body. I am surely toning up, but i have not seen any change on the scale. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Please let me know. I have been eating LFRV for 2 weeks now. I feel great, but i was also expecting a change on the scale.

Views: 2175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You look awesome:) Is your main thing running?
My main thing is working out at the gym. I ee a personal trainer once a week. Do you run?

iLuvGR33N,

Thank you for sharing this visual for us.  It is inspiring. 

In Peace, Pk

Often dress size goes down but scale weight goes up.

Why?

Muscle is more dense than fat. WTF does that mean? Well its like lead (muscle) vs foam(fat). You can sculpt something small and tight out of lead and it can weigh more than something big and puffy thats made out of foam.

Also we must add in extra blood volume, bone density, glycogen and its associated water storage that is essential for peak health and fitness. Heart and lungs can also increase in size when fitness goes up. This will add more weight to the scale. Thats why ignorant athletes that freak out when they see increase on the scale and then they cut back their calories to starve, end up fried in the end.

Welcome to Leadsville. Pun intended.

When I used the scales: confusion and disapointment.

When I switched to the tape measure: pure awesomeness.

Claudia,

This is very normal and I always tell people who are starting the lfrv way of life to take a dressmakers measuring tape and measure some key parts of your body like upper arms, waist, and hips.  Even if the scale does not budge for a while, the inches probably will and your clothes will fit better. 

Reasons people will not lose might include intestines full of fiber, hydration if one is drinking more water, increased muscle if one is exercising more. 

Another interesting fact is the body is self regulating.  If you are not overweight, and within normal limits, and eating enough calories, the body will regulate its own weight, and you may not loose, at least no right away.

In Peace, PK

Question: are you eating still eating salt?

I lost about 12lbs in 4 weeks when I cut out salt, all water weight of course.

Even if you aren't eating salt, it's still only two weeks in and your body is still adjusting...it's great that you're seeing a difference in muscle tone and energy though!

I'd have to agree with everyone else...being hydrated, well carbed, active, and healthy can leave you "heavier" than before if you were lean to begin with.

Enjoy the journey.... :-)

I am dropping weight slowly, compared to high fat raw (which may have been Atkins like), but for sure dropping inches.  I can tell by belt holes even after 2-3 weeks.
Actually, yes. My scale hasn't budged more than 5 pounds in the past few months but I've gone down from a pant size 12 to size 8. Scales really aren't that useful after all.

Claudia, 

The very same with me (2 weeks back on raw after a long time, 3 days on LFRV), after the first 3 lbs the scale hasn't been changing. But what bothers me is that my pants are fitting the same.

In any case, I am going to follow what Freele posted and start keeping track of other measurements that really tell how fit I am, like how many lbs I can lift or my cardio time. If one keeps improving on those, it is impossible not to get a fit look and, as a side benefit, really get fit!

hi Claudia,

I too have found the smae thing.  Frustrating, yet a total difference in my clothes.  Love all of this advice.  Thanks so much to everyone!!

Hey,

I just started this a week ago. I slipped up two days ago but am back on track. During the first 7 days without slipping up, my belt went down a notch.

I don't own a scale... so I can't say anything about the weigh issue. :(

Go by fit? :D

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"WHISTLEBLOWER GOES PUBLIC W/ NEW DETAILS OF FBI PLOT. SAYS HE GAVE BARR NAMES/DETAILS BACK IN APRIL! #truth #light #now http://j.mp/2zh63bH"
3 hours ago
Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Wednesday
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
Tuesday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Tuesday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
Tuesday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 19
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Aug 18
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Aug 17
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service