30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone,

I apologise if I sound whiny when I post this. But this topic has been bothering me for quite some time, despite PKs great post emphasising the importance of greens, which I truly and wholeheartedly agree with and support. BUT the problem is, the only greens that I've been able to eat are celery, fennel, and lamb's lettuce. I did eat spinach as well for a while, but (I'm not sure if I'm remembering right or not) I read that people with autism shouldn't eat it, so I stopped. Though do correct me if I'm wrong about that with spinach and autism.
 I CANNOT (I repeat) CANNOT afford organic nor am I able to grow my own at the moment, given where I currently live. Just as well, the celery, fennel, and lamb's lettuce that I buy end up not tasting as good as usual (in quality). But, like I said, I can't afford organic and I do the best I can.

I'm not here to whine or make excuses, I'm here to state the fact of the matter regarding my situation. I'm a mono-eater (otherwise my digestion is terrible) and I'd be opened to hearing solutions. I have thought of eating greens as snacks in between, but I've more or less stopped snacking, as my meals are larger and that appears to be encouraged in this lifestyle. I have considered trying broccoli raw as my dinner, as I loved it (as all other vegetables) cooked, but since it's a starchy veggie and (according to the raw school link) usually not encouraged/meant to be eaten. Therefore I'm hesitant with the idea.

Please feel free to share tips, advice, personal experiences, etc. I appreciate every feedback. :)

Views: 761

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

which other fruits do you have available?

The best salad dressing: Grapes, lemon, cilantro

I was able to get through three heads of lettuce last night with this dressing. I know cilantro is not optimal but if it helps you get through greens it's worth it. I was struggling as well to eat enough greens before. Try it. Also fresh raw sweet corn (again, not optimal) is really good on salads. And TONS of thinly sliced or spiralized cucumber.

thank you, Ruby! if I only could get some grapes where I live... I will bring them as soon as there is enough demand!

Thanks for the feedback, but I'm a mono-eater.

You can also grow your own sprouts like sunflower greens, pea shoots, Buckwheat lettuce, etc. Don't give up...you will get there.

Micro Greens

Thanks for the link Maya Papaya. :) I had a look at it this morning.

for wild greens you have to pay nothing

but where do you get those wild greens from?

Well, i get these wild greens from meados, forest or garden.

In Germany it's vey easy to find them. "Brennessel" and "Löwenzahn" is everywhere here.

well, not here... I live in a big, big city with no edible wild greens nearby... unfortunately...

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Stephen posted photos
7 hours ago
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
Saturday
Profile IconStephen and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Thursday
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Apr 1
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Apr 1
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 30
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service