30 Bananas a Day!

Hey everyone! So while Freelee’s motivating 30 day challenge is up and running I thought it would be good for those of us who find ourselves eating cooked food at night to set up our own DAY – DAY challenge.

There seems to be a lot of us out there wanting to commit to the raw food lifestyle but are finding themselves flip flopping back and forth with cooked food. So here presents a forum page for anyone who wants to set themselves up with the challenge of committing to as many days of raw food as they can without going near cooked food… because one of the things we learn in this lifestyle, is that the longer we can commit to eating raw food, the greater we will feel and the less tempting cooked food becomes.

Cooked food can mean a variety of things to people. For some it can be as easy as giving up steamed potatoes for dinner, for others it’s much harder and can mean giving up things like salt and flavourings. And there are those (most of us) who have an emotional attachment to food. I know I personally like the idea of a warm bowl of veggies on a cold winter’s night...

So how this challenge is going to work is that there is no set amount of days you have to eat raw, instead you are going to take each day and commit to eating raw. This way you don’t feel like a ‘failure’ of you don’t make it to ‘so amount of days’. Each time you eat cooked food, you will start again from day one and try to beat your last record… so every day is like its own personal challenge! Y A Y !

You can choose how to post, you can either post the day before or in the morning so you have an idea of what you will eat, or you can post at night after all your meals, whatever suits you. I also thought it would be a good idea for everyone to introduce themselves so anyone taking part in this challenge can give a beaming hello to fellow participants! It will also give us a good idea of how we can give advice and support to each person based on their personal attributes, location, health ect. Here’s the criteria I would like you to fill out on your first post, after that feel free to log your day however you want:

Name, age (if you want to) and location:

How long have you been on this lifestyle?:

Current consumption of cooked food includes:

Personal goals and motivation (possible health problems you’re hoping to ‘heal’ with this lifestyle):

(Add food/ water / exercise log here. First 3 criteria only need to be described on first log)

So that’s really the only criteria, if you want to add anything else about yourself, feel free. And there we go… this is what the challenge will look like. Remember it’s a personal challenge and becoming a raw vegan doesn’t just happen overnight… it takes dedication, persistence and time. So if you think you need a little push in the RAW direction, join this DAY – DAY challenge and let’s eat some fruit!

Views: 1468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

okay so I haven't been posting for the last few days but i have a good reason... with trial and error, i have come to the conclusion that for now i do not want to be 100% raw... i have been undereating just a bit, particularly at lunchtime - only 5 dates for lunch yesterday, nothing else, no snacking either -  because I do not want sweet things for lunch, nor dinner... eating dates with celery doesnt cut the cravings for savoury food, only worsens it... and the only way i am satisfied eating more raw veggies and calories is by including cooked veg and gluten free grains in a salad with them... not by dressing it up with fruit dressings - which right now is very hard to do anyway as decent fruit in winter is very minimal.

I have been reading alot of opinions on this forum http://www.rawvegantalk.com/forum and there are many who find low fat, high carb, mostly raw, cooked vegan is what suits them best... and i think i want to take that path rather than feeling lost all the time at every meal.....

hope you guys are understanding and i wish everyone the best of luck in continuing this challenge =) I will still stay on this forum but maybe nto as much as I used to... when summer time comes, so do peaches, apricots, strawberries, cherries, tomatoes... the good stuff, so i will probably reamin raw then, but for now i just don't want to......

thanks mango =) definitley keep in touch!!! god luck to you too... hopefully you find out soon what you want to do.... i'm in the HCCV forum too so might see you there.....

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Signs Executive Order Stripping Social Media Companies Of "Liability Shield" #awakening #peace #truth #light https://j.mp/2XcNXUL"
Friday
Profile IconDarren Newman, Makayla, Jaime Huxley Leary and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
May 26
Peter posted photos
May 26
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
May 26
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
May 26
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
May 23
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service