30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone, First of all, this is not a rant. I'm just curious about your thoughts, because there is something that came to my mind. 

So, I actually love the huge bowls that FullyRaw Kristina uses for her giant salads as well as I see many raw foodies using wooden bowls, plates, forks, spoons etc. My question is, isn't it killing the tree? Doesn't it cause deforestation, isn't it harmful for our planet? 

Thank you, no judges here!!

Take care

Views: 2524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would be apt to agree.  Best options would be glass (especially if you can find some that don't have plastic for lids...hard to do) and ceramic.  I used to love bamboo, but no longer support it.  It's not nearly as "green" as people want us to believe -- thanks greenwashing!

least damaging is to use the bowls you already own. i'm assuming you dont have any and want to have people over and have giant fruitnics/fruit suppers

used ones might be the best because if you buy new then a new one will be made to restock the store. getting a used one will not create any new production thus any new harm.  Used on ebay or thrift store?

I would suggest buying wooden bowls at a thrift shop! That way you're not paying the companies who are cutting down trees, just using an old one. But I didn't know about the coating they put on them. Like what everyone else said, try to use as little bowls, plates, etc. as possible. Just have your thrift shop bowls around so you have some when you have company! :)

Thanks ;)

I've heard bamboo still creates environmental issues because they'll cut trees to make way for bamboo..?  I'm not sure this is true info though

Okey, so maybe my mistake, this solution sounds better :)

Similarly....I was thinking about purchasing a wooden bicycle http://www.renovobikes.com/wood-seriously/

Anyone own one or have opinion on these?

Yes, glass is also very pretty, however, damaging to the environment, but what is not... :(

Just balance out having the bowl, a small impact, by donating to an environmental organization that is working to save the natural world.  

+1

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Alex Curtis-Slep's photo was featured
4 hours ago
Profile IconRonald Gordon, Kelli Hayes, Neda and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
5 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a video
5 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Weekend $500B Bank Bailout Needed for Jamie Dimon's Bonus! (Bix Weir) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2NAhwdZ"
10 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
yesterday
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Jasmin's group
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Tabassum's group 811 España
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Tabassum's group
Jan 10
Jelle replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jan 7

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service