30 Bananas a Day!

Hey guys, just after a few of your helpful suggestions!
I recently started a full time office job (it's different from the standard 9-5... which makes it awesome, I love it haha).
Anywayyy, taking enough food along is proving to be an issue for me. I've been quite good with keeping it raw most of the time, but I'm not eating enough. And when I get home I go all out on cooked - which isn't an issue for me, but the way I've been doing it is. I eat a lot of 100% rye bread and potatoes, corn pasta, rice etc. In my head I'm like "ooo carbs, all good" - but I'm getting slack with my 801010 ratios too. I go back to foods with added fats. And I end up going back after dinner to snack on nuts/anything.

What can I do?
It's getting cooler here aka winter fruits.
I have a heap of frozen bananas but not many ripe fresh ones. Couldn't find the 5kg box of dates I used to buy at the markets so my date access is limited... they're so bloody expensive at the shops!

I'd love to know what other people do in similar work situations. I know I need to carb up to stop going back for more fatty foods, but it's tricky.
And It's not practical for me to take a massive salad bowl to work.
Any other lunch ideas? Anyone with the same issue?

Views: 541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do that already - take about 5 with me! they're so low in cals though haha

What I'm doing right now is washing the greens for a salad in the morning.  I will have a big salad with 1/2 an avocado for dinner.  In the morning I also make a huge smoothie to take to work.  I blend 4 bananas (these can be frozen as well), the juice of four oranges, frozen blueberries, fresh strawberries, frozen mangoes and blend.  The type of fruit changes with the seasons.  I pour this into a large mouthed BPA free plastic water bottle. 

That's enough for me until I get home for my salad.  Since I get home earlier than you do, I might also suggest you either take another smoothie ( could be a date smoothie when you can get them) or to take a small containers of nuts to help sustain you.  Then you can have a big salad or a zucchini pasta dinner when you get home.

I think taking a smoothie to work is a good option, I'll need to get myself a large enough bottle because I use the other one for water.

All of the sudden it seems like all the good cheaper fruit has gone into hiding haha!

Thanks for the tips!

Oranges, bananas, dates, apples.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
10 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
10 hours ago
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service