30 Bananas a Day!

A just for fun thread for everyone to share how much you run per week! =D

xoxox

Views: 892

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll start!

I run 5K, 7 days a week!

I am a beginner and I run reaaaaaallly slow, but I'm having a real blast with it!

I run with my dog, too. If he doesn't get lots of exercise he goes bonkers, so it really helps get me out there! =)

Taking a break right now but was doing 50-70 miles a week.

Wow, that's like 2-3 marathons a week! Very inspiring! =)

Cool, all that in 1 year?! Do you train daily for a marathon?

7 miles a week

1 mile a day

sometimes fast some times slow .

easy

doug

That's how I started, too =) I tried the Couch to 5K program 'cause I wanted to see if I could get up to ~3 miles.

I started running again at the end of April, 2 weeks after becoming vegan.

I have entered a half marathon in Bristol UK on the 30th of this month and have gradually upped my mileage to 35-40 miles per week currently.  I am 43 and now fitter than I was when I was in my 20's.

I do 2 9 mile runs at 9m/mile pace, 2 6 mile runs at 8m/mile pace and 2x(5x1m) repetition runs at 6m45s pace

My long term aim is to do the 2014 London Marathon in under 3 hours.  I need to do a sub 3.15 marathon before July 2013 to qualify as good for my age.

I thank 811 lifestyle deeply for giving me back a body I thought had gone forever.

Following this lifestyle is the only way I found the energy, too! =)

Good luck on training for the Bristol half!

I've heard that a lot of the marathoners actually hit their prime in their 40s; with fruit on your side you should be unstoppable!

7-8kms every other day.

Another Canadian that answered in kms, I'm glad I don't need a calculator for this one ;)

Did it take you a long time to get up to that kms? I'd like to up mine but I'm not sure how fast to do it.

Ah yes :) Australia uses Kms as well! Where are you in Canada? 

Well I started running sporadically in February and I couldn't run 1km without stopping. It took a couple of months to get up to running 3km in 30 minutes. On May 1st I started running a 4km route 3 times per week and trying to improve my time. I was running 4km in 20:45, but I really didn't enjoy it. I would return feeling sick because I would push myself too hard. 

I got the idea from the book "Born to Run" to start running longer distances rather than trying to go faster. I switched over night from running the 4km route to 7-8km at a much slower pace. At this point I have been consistently running for just over 4 months and I take it easy. I enjoy taking in the surroundings and keeping my pace manageable so I can get the most pleasure from running. This allows me to run for longer. I run in Vibram Five Fingers as well, so I've been working my way up. I run with no expectations and stop if I find i'm not enjoying myself, which rarely happens. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
19 hours ago
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Friday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Friday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Friday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Wednesday
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5
Amanda May left a comment for Kevin
Sep 5
Igor Puzeev posted a discussion
Sep 3
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service