Hi Tom E,
There are some good tropical fruit options here in the Tampa Bay area. Fresh local greens are not easy to obtain in the Summer but it's also not impossible. Here are some options:
1) stpete.locallygrown.net (good source for naturally grown greens)
- an online farmer's market and pickup from a home in St Pete on the weekend
2) http://www.saturdaymorningmarket.com/ (good source for organic greens and veggies)
St Pete downtown Saturday morning market
3) Mustang Flea Market (good source for tropical fruit grown in South Florida)
- 7901 Park Blvd in Pinellas Park. Pass the Wagon Wheel Flea market. The Mustang market is just after it.
4) There are some markets in Tampa that Jim Porter posted about to the FL group here on 30BaD. He said the markets are not organic.
5) You can buy wholesale from Global Organics or Alberts Organics but you will have to drive an hour South to Sarasota to pickup your items if your order is over $150. If your order is over $300 then they will deliver during business hours.
I hope this helps. Good luck!
I've been in Palm Harbor for a year now (Tampa Bay) and still have no idea where to go to get tropical fruit and I know there is some around because of all the growers that are in the south! any places I can go?