30 Bananas a Day!

I will be going to school in St. Petersburg, FL in about 24 days now and just wanted to ask if anyone knew of any good places for fresh fruit there? 
I know I can google wholesale produce or local growers but I wanted to know if anyone knows of any hot spots? I would love to get local fruits from growers who would be willing to make deals with me and the like. Or just any other tips in general for finding good fruit there. I would love to try some different tropical fruits too. 

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tom E,

There are some good tropical fruit options here in the Tampa Bay area. Fresh local greens are not easy to obtain in the Summer but it's also not impossible. Here are some options: 

1) stpete.locallygrown.net (good source for naturally grown greens)

- an online farmer's market and pickup from a home in St Pete on the weekend

2) http://www.saturdaymorningmarket.com/ (good source for organic greens and veggies)

St Pete downtown Saturday morning market

3) Mustang Flea Market (good source for tropical fruit grown in South Florida)

- 7901 Park Blvd in Pinellas Park. Pass the Wagon Wheel Flea market. The Mustang market is just after it.  

4) There are some markets in Tampa that Jim Porter posted about to the FL group here on 30BaD. He said the markets are not organic. 

5) You can buy wholesale from Global Organics or Alberts Organics but you will have to drive an hour South to Sarasota to pickup your items if your order is over $150. If your order is over $300 then they will deliver during business hours. 

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cool Tom, when will you be down here? I sent you a PM about the resources

I've been in Palm Harbor for a year now (Tampa Bay) and still have no idea where to go to get tropical fruit and I know there is some around because of all the growers that are in the south! any places I can go?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
yesterday
fruity78 posted a discussion
yesterday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
ednshell commented on Rawgasm's group No mobile phones
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"One Bank Finally Admits The Fed's "NOT QE" Is Indeed QE... And Could Lead To Financial Collapse #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2NQ5Jsc"
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Thursday
Thursday
Kris and Kevin are now friends
Wednesday
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Tuesday
Tuesday
Tuesday
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
Tuesday
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service