30 Bananas a Day!

I'm having a very hard time finding remotely decent fruit already and it's not into "full winter" yet. Is anyone else having this issue? How are you handling it? I find that even bananas (which I don't really like) are bland. I bought apples and they tasted like pure water. No sweetness at all...... I could use some advice to stay on track. Ias it is I have already had to start eating cooked vegan meals at night because I don't feel satisfied.

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm using mini oranges & dates for the most part, and some frozen bananas for smoothies or ice cream here & there.  I just buy a bunch of boxes of clementines for the week, the ones that come in the little cheap wooden crates.  If you're in the U.S., you can order fantastic dates in bulk online from places like The Date People or MedjoolDates.com.  Other than that, it's mostly what's available locally.  A lot of the stuff in my area is garbage.  Mangos are completely useless even when "ripe".

On the flip side, everyone else around me has been getting sick & this is the first year of my life where I've breezed right through it (yay for bulk natural vitamin C from citrus! haha).  My wife just got sick a second time, this time with bronchitis, and I have yet to even sneeze.  I think a large part of it has to do with how quickly food is digested; my working theory is basically that viruses don't have a change to stick around in your body since you're basically purging the food out daily due to the high-speed transit thanks to the large amount of fiber in fruit.

I've read that a lot of fruitarians just don't really get sick anymore; I'm curious how the RT4 group fares.  I do a mix of raw days & days with cooked dinners (sweet potato addict here) so I'm not 100% raw, but not 100% consistent on cooked either.  So far, no flu or cold, and half of my workplace was out sick yesterday, amazing!

It obviously depend on where your live but for me, I can manage to find a pretty large variety of fruits, the sweetest ones being cherimoyas, persimmons and mangoes.

I only buy organic apples because, as you said, the conventional ones have no taste whatsoever.

Hi Vickie,

I hear you. Even though I live in Oz, I still find either side of a season change, there is totally no ripe fruit around. Just coming out of it here, but for the past 2 months or so, I have really struggled to avoid gas ripened oranges, or to get any lemons at all; and when I did they were so green there was zero juice in them. Bananas were dear as poison and the apples were just horrid.

This is when I turned to things like sweet corn, raisins, sultanas (don't like dates that much) and like you, I turned to a cooked evening meal just to survive. Hated doing it and I will fess up and say  that I got totally hooked on white rice and sundried tomatoes. Subsequently I stacked on the weight.

When I say we are just coming out of fruit scarcity here, I still peeves me no end that the shops are full of stone fruit, tomatoes, pears and apples too that have been picked so damn prematurely that there is not a chance that these will ripen before they rot. Which by my reckoning makes the sale of such fruit as down right theft.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Signs Executive Order Stripping Social Media Companies Of "Liability Shield" #awakening #peace #truth #light https://j.mp/2XcNXUL"
yesterday
Profile IconDarren Newman, Makayla, Jaime Huxley Leary and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
Tuesday
Peter posted photos
Tuesday
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
Monday
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
Monday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
May 23
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service