30 Bananas a Day!

I feel like I am an alcoholic (by eating cooked food). And all of my friends and family are "alcoholics." But they don't think I need to stop "drinking;" they think I just  need to use in moderation. In fact, the often think that giving up the "alcohol" could actually be harmful to me.

I by no means want to renounce the people I love for their habits, but I feel like I just can't take being around people who eat cooked food right now. I've bounced back and forth more times than I know about whether I need to get mentally stronger or just change my surroundings. I go through stages of telling myself that I need to get my head on right, eat the calories, and just ignore everything else. Even when I do get in the strong mental state, it eventually deteriorates, (which reminds me of a video that Brendan Brazier did about willpower).

I want to be around people who like to eat hard, play hard, and sleep hard 24/7, but I feel like I'm caught between two worlds. I'm embarrassed that I've managed to gain 35-40lbs and have lost my fitness since I first found 80/10/10 and keep thinking that I have to get fit and be a lfrv before I can start hanging out with other ones...

I've considered getting an apartment by myself for the summer, but given that health is caused by more than just food and exercise, I have doubts that I'd really be happier. I'd much rather just be living with 1 or more lfrvs and no SADers.

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's very understandable. I see where you're coming from... 

It's VERY hard to be around people who are SAD and people who are ALWAYS nagging you, trying to bring you down, say rude things, and try to convince you that you're already SUPER healthy and don't need to go LFRV to be happy, fit, and truly healthy.

Luckily, I didn't have a problem with people like this during my first couple months, but I will admit it's HARD to always be around people eating cooked...

Maybe you could try really talking to the people around you about respecting your decisions because it's already hard for you. I know when my family started making comments to me I said "let me know how many books you've read on health, and more specifically raw vegan and vegan, and then come to me and tell me what you think is healthy".. that shuts most people up..

In my case, my mom picked up 80 10 10 after i told her a thousand times not to talk to me about health until she reads something about it, and now she's trying to be 811! ... 

Keep up the good work and stay motivated especially on 30BaD which is a LIFE SAVER for me to feel sane and "normal" once a day for the way I eat hahaha.

You're doing great :)

I am so happy for you and your mom Ashley! That's great. I tried reading 80/10/10 out loud to my mom when we were on road trips or driving errands. I gave it to her to read before going to bed too. Then I find her telling me that I need fat and blah blah blah. She must not have been absorbing or gotten very far lol.

Two years down the road, I figure the people I know will be more intrigued if I can show them that this works, but I'm not there yet keep finding myself on little trails that are definitely off the right path lol.

Ya that's totally understandable.. 

YOUR MOM WASN'T LISTENING!

Good thing u turned out so smart :) haha

and keep thinking that I have to get fit and be a lfrv before I can start hanging out with other ones...

Oh good, someone else that feels the same as moi.

I feel exactly the same way...it tends to get a bit challenging occasionally do when I want to meet people sooo much! it makes me crazy sometimes. all my 'old' friends lives away from here too

Stacey, succeeding on this lifestyle solo is doable, but far more fun with like-minded company. 

No worries about not "being ready" to meet others. 

We're all on a unique health journey of our own, and had to start somewhere. 

You may find that other even draw inspiration from your example.  Check this link for peeps local to you:  http://www.30bananasaday.com/profiles/members/?q=seattle

Some of my top picks for initial contacts of this group would be Kathleen, Victor Van Epps, and Brad Abrahams, all Jedi strong in the fruit :)

in AA they mention People, Places and Things..you would not want to be at a bar with certain people if you were an alcoholic now would you? so maybe in the beginning you will want to lay off of the things that mess you up with 811 and then get stronger and move on. I know for sure certain cravings go away. No worries..most of the planet goes through what you go through.

Hm. It's funny how this relates to cooked food too. I think this people, places, and things is something I am not going to forget while I'm trying to get on the fruity good stuff for life.

btw-Victoria I love ya so much! You've got such a great story and have helped keep me sane when I've done something to break 80/10/10. Just start over at the next meal. If you made a youtube video every day I'd probably watch them all lol.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

VeganKeyes's photo was featured
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Something Just Broke In China As Repo Rate Soars To 1,000% Overnight #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/32A0ORD"
Saturday
"Shocking News about Salem Media and the CIA #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2xTX7bz"
Friday
"Iran Offers Nuclear Deal If US Lifts Sanctions; Oil Tumbles #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JPO80q"
Thursday
"Bank Run: Deutsche Bank Clients Are Pulling $1 Billion A Day #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XQ3Nqr"
Thursday
Rock and Nemo are now friends
Jul 16
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
Jul 15
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
Jul 15
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 15
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 15
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 11
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service