30 Bananas a Day!

For anyone that is currently losing weight (not gaining and not hoping to lose weight) but actually losing, how many calories a day are you eating?  I'm trying to figure out what my calorie intake should be. All I know is that it needs to be over 2500. 

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I might not quite fit your criteria for answering, but I have been on a very slow weight loss journey, and sometimes I think not more than 1/4 pound a month. 

It took me decades to damage my body, and I am ok with it taking years to get back to normal.  I eat between 2500-3,000 calories a day.  Any less than that, I am a scary cranky bear!

So if you want to avoid weight loss, I recommend a minimum of 2500 for females and 3k for males, but add more if you work, have kids, exercise, etc.  Cronometer.com is a great tool to use for counting calories, and it will also adjust for any exercise you have done, meaning if you need a min of 2500, and you burn 200 dancing, it will adjust so that you will eat 2700 calories. 

Peace, PK

I need to lose weight so if I'm trying to lose should I eat less than 2500? 

This lifestyle is about being the healthiest, not losing weight. The weight loss (fat loss) comes along with you getting healthier. Here you will never be told to eat less calories than what you need, to create a caloric deficit, because you'd be depriving yourself, which goes against this lifestyle's principles. But ppl still lose fat long term, as every long term person living this way is lean and fit. Some may get leaner faster than others. PK says he's losing 1/4 pounds a month, while I'm losing fat very fast. Idk how many pounds exactly but I look myself in the mirror and I can tell I've gotten leaner in only 1 month(since I started). I also do a lot of exercise like swimming, TKD, calisthenics, etc. So just keep eating and do some exercise like light walking. It all takes time.

Nope! Trust me, don't ever eat less.
Keep in mind that your body wants to heal itself, and that may not necessarily be through weight loss first. It depends on the type of background you come from; did you restrict, have any eating disorders, etc.? Some people do gain weight at first, but they will lose it in time. Let your body do its thing. :) The weight loss results you want will come. :)

You need to adjust your concept of this diet. It's not a calorie based diet in terms of weight loss. It's about getting your body healthy so that it finds it's perfect weight. This is done in part by fueling your body so that all it's complex systems are working at full capacity. The only reason we really even need to consider calories is because of the tendency to under eat. This diet does not work if we are not eating high carb in combination with being low fat. It's a totally different concept for many of us.

3000 on average, consistently losing weight. I lost twenty pounds within a few weeks at first, now I'm losing between one and three pounds a week.
If try to not go below 2500. If I'm really active that day I eat more, usually add dates to a smoothie or something to get more calories. :)
Just don't restrict and you'll be just fine. :) Good luck!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service