30 Bananas a Day!

Hi,
I haven't read 80/10/10 yet because I can't find it used anywhere at a reasonable price. From what I have gathered the basic premise it fruit based w/ greens and no (minimal?) overt fats and keeping fat and protein at 10% max.

I have a paralyzed gut (nerve damage). It called gastroparesis. Solid food is very difficult for me to digest (raw or cooked). I've taken to smoothies and my bloating has gone down tremendously, as well as the pain, nausea & vomiting.

I guess I'm 50-75% raw. So far I'm able to tolerate in smoothies:
Bananas
Peaches
Berries
Pineapple

Cooked applesauce is tolerated too, but I want to try a raw applesauce this weekend.
I'd like to find some good raw soup recipes. I juice in the warmer months when we have produce that's worth a damn.

I've been off solids for about a week and it's changed so much for the positive. I don't want to end up on a feeding tube like so many others. My calories are only averaging 800-900 a day. I'm trying to get that up. My fat is under 10%, my protein is around 6%.

I'm going to try blending baby spinach next week. Lettuce and leafy greens tend to really bloat me bad. :-(

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there --

I would stay away from too much pineapple, too acidic, and it is technically a vegetable. If I were you I wouldn't have too much spinach either, quite a starchy leaf. Dr G once told me not to mix it with bananas, for a whole year my standard lunch was banana, spinach & pear smoothie! I don't know too much about paralyzed gut, even though I've heard and read about so many other problems. Can you stand to do a 3 day fast? That might help your digestion very much. If I were you, I'd do three days on cantaloupe, blended. The most wonderful fruit for my stomach, and I am sensitive so many things. I'm sensitive to too many grapes, pineapple, watermelon, apples and some veggies. Best is cantaloupe, honeydew, berries, citrus, very ripe bananas, any stone fruit (cherries, plums, peaches), mangos and baby romaine or baby mixed greens, and celery.
what is it that makes pineapple classified as a vegetable?
I found a good chart. Thanks! I'm basically trying to get in the nutrition I need with what I can consume. Hopefully the longer I'm raw and the higher the raw percentage, I'll be able to eat more types of food. The comments on fasting, are they juice fasting?
:-)

What is the benefit of Banana Island?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Charlie joined gmb's group
13 hours ago
Andreea is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
18 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Where Is Inflation Hiding? In Asset Prices! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2VSkM6E"
yesterday
"World Trade Suffers Biggest Collapse Since Financial Crisis #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vajA2w"
yesterday
"Banks Prepare to Take Your Money ⚠️ Bail-ins Exposed, Economic Collapse Update #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UA4Ucg"
yesterday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Still Mind
Tuesday
Houdini Steve Owens replied to Ciara's discussion My English for your Spanish in the group International Penfriends and Language Exchange
Tuesday
Alexis Bassard left a comment for Elliot David Manning
Monday
Elliot David Manning and Alexis Bassard are now friends
Monday
Alexis Bassard posted a status
"I'm going on a fasting cleanse"
Monday
"I'm going to be going on the 30 bananas a day diet. Or the Hollywood liquid diet including real fruit smoothies with bananas."
Monday
"Yeah. What's up?"
Monday
Alexis Bassard is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"Gold DOUBLED in price for the central banks #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Ixj6vt"
Sunday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service