30 Bananas a Day!

Food combining for my daughter, just an overly worried parent!

I have already posted this in the cooked vegan group so i am very sorry for reposting somewhere else. I just wasn't getting a response (i think it's harder to in a group as you have to join, look through it etc). This is no negativity towards the group, i think it's fab and a really supportive idea. As I am fully raw and it's not all about cooked food i thought this would be ok to post here ( i know there are rules on where to put things). Anyways, here it is:

I was reading more on food combining and am getting a bit bogged down in it all tbh. When it comes to your kids you overly worry.

It's easy for me having fruit all day and salad in evening but I do a cooked vegan meal for my girl. Normally it is corn spag/potatoes/yams ets with an organic tomato sauce. I then give her a bit of raw carrot, avocado, nuts (vary but mostly pistachio, always raw and unsalted), red pepper and tomato. All organic but am worried this is not a good combo. What you guys think? She loves these foods and eats absolutely loads. She is a skinny minnie but full of energy and so so bright. She never craves junk cos of all the fruit she eats during the day. She does prob get way enough cals too for her age. I don't know any of her friends who would even pick up a watermelon let alone all the rest she eats!

She hates greens which is hard :( I try and put them in her smoothies but not the same eating them fresh with her cooked dinner to aid digestion. Should I combine better or stop worrying? 

Her dad isn't fully on board the raw wagon but vegan and large amounts of fruit so it's not too bad. i've just lent him 80-10-10 so fingers crossed change may be in the air!

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Yasmine,

How old is your doughter? I've been told celery sticks is the best way to getting kids to grow, if your doughter don't like celery you can peel it or just add them in a banana smoothie together with atleast a handfull greens. I give my two girls at 6 and 7½ years green smoothie every morning, so I know they got their greens. (they eat cooked vegan at school). Now I usually give them nettles in theirsmoothie cause they contains very rich nutrients. 

If your girl grow as she should, got a lot of energy, pee several times a day and poo atleast once a day she'll probably get enough nutrients. 

You can also get a bloodtest once a year to see if she lack a surten nutrients. I'll do that to check my girls, as well as myself (I'm fully 8o-10-10rv). The most importent to check is B12, D, folic acid, and Iron, but you can check the other nutrients as well if your pediatricians agrees. The best way to get vitamin D is to play out in the sun atleast 30 minutes a day at noon, even if it's cloudy. Coconutoil is a great alternative to sunscreen but eating raw carrots (betacaroten) and alot of fruits and veg is a great inside protector as well.

about fat and protein should children eat more than adults, especially for their brain, development and growth

I hope this helps alittle.

And I do appologise for my grammar since english isn't my first language. I'm swedish.

Hugs,

Mikaela

Hugs,

thank you so much! i am fully 80-10-10 but daughter till dinner.

she eats at least two raw carrots a day but with cooked meals. Will put some in a smoothie, just wish she'd eat on there own :(

she pees loads! to the point the school talked to me. poohs bout 2/3 times a day and full of energy so maybe overworrying! just worried about food combos with her cooked foods. She has more fat than me with avacado and nuts everyday. 

thanks for the advice...gonna get a blood test for both of us. Really appreciate your reply x

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
yesterday
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
yesterday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
yesterday
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18
ednshell commented on OrganicMark's status
Mar 16
Miles Brandon is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 16
Profile IconMichael Taube and lizzie joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 7
Rock replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Feb 29
"$5 Trillion Wiped Out From World Stocks Amid Fastest Collapse In History #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2vfwccz"
Feb 29
Paul replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Feb 26
Silvery posted a discussion
Feb 26
Silvery replied to Rock's discussion This site...
Feb 26
BananaStatesofMurica! RAW OR DIE replied to Rock's discussion This site...
Feb 26
Profile IconJan and Zahra joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 22
ednshell posted a discussion
Feb 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service