30 Bananas a Day!

Sorry for posting another discussion so quickly.  Knowing I have some sort of metabolic disorder, based upon my fatigue after eating and tests showing that I am hypothyroid still, 2 1/2 years after adopting a HCLF vegan diet, I have been researching fitness training and how it can help, and hurt, the healing process.

I have read many resources that indicate long distance running/endurance-type sports will only hurt the thyroid/metabolism, even in healthy people.  I used to be one of these people - someone who ran daily, ran in 5K's regularly, and ran 1 mini marathon per year.  I originally thought this is what 'may' have damaged my body to begin with.  

I really want to increase my fitness regimen and try to overcome some of the fatigue I am feeling with all these carbs.   I am also afraid of making my hypothyroidism worse, but I also see many successful people on HCLF that are running, cycling, and doing ironman-type events.  I know my adrenals took a hit as part of my health ailments a few years ago, but I honestly think most people who are suffering with digestive issues also have these same problems.  

I also read a lot of documents that indicate exercise is necessary to help cleanse the liver and the lymphatic system.  I just wanted to get opinions from other experienced HCLF eaters.  Thank you!

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

for me running and exercise seems to speed up digestion and if i got a sour stomach so to say usually some for of exercise gets things processing if you will.

I mostly run 50-70 miles a week and dont have issues that i know of anyhow with my metabolism. I will say tho it seems the more i run the more i gain? as i upped my game the lbs seem to come on a bit too. so maybe there is someting to it? I dunno.

A while back due to foot pain I backed off running 7 days and just starting running 5 and 6 but the extra rest gave me a boost and I started running even more on the days i did run.

now in my case I backed off my miles some recently to help my foot pain etc..  and to mix in rowing and biking. Still not seeing any adverse affects that i know of anyhow.

I'm not sure why easy exercise would be an issue 30 minutes a day or something ?

I probably walk around 5 miles per day, but much of that is part of my daily routine.  I would say at least 2-3 miles.  I have been trying to do some inclines on the treadmill - this way I can get a good sweat done in a shorter period of time.  Hoping to see some improvement in my fatigue.  

I, too, have an injured foot (5th metatarsal) and with my added 70+ pounds, I have to be careful about the extra weight while trying to run again.  I used to be a daily runner.  Just cannot do it anymore.  I feel like I am dragging 400 pound weights on my legs.   Thought about getting an indoor bike training rack and just use my outdoor bike on it for awhile - see if I get any benefits from it.  I did try rebounding, but that gets old really fast and I never feel like I get a sweat going on.  

I am just going to keep doing small amounts, like you suggested, and see how that goes for awhile.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
1 hour ago
pradtf left a comment for Tams
yesterday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Friday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Wednesday
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5
Amanda May left a comment for Kevin
Sep 5
Igor Puzeev posted a discussion
Sep 3
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service