30 Bananas a Day!

So it's officially been a week that I've been eating mostly raw (90%?) and doing so while in college. I've been subsisting mostly off oranges and my stomach is yet large enough to get enough calories from them so I've been undercarbed. However my stomach is expanding so I've been able to eat progressively more every day. I'm honestly not this used to chewing my food so my jaw hurts when I try to eat. I've thus recently decided to blend the meals I can and substitute my bfast with OJ for the time being. 

I'm not sure if I've lost weight or if I'm running around so much that my clothes has expanded. My pants are falling off but my gym shorts don't look or feel any looser. I doubt I lost enough weight for it to be noticeable anyway.

My acne has improved noticeably. When I came in I had quite a bit of noticeable acne and now a week later it has toned down very nicely. My detox symptom however is chest acne though, which has left me quite self conscious with what I wear. 

There is so much alcohol on campus. Last night there were massive campus wide parties and now the halls reek of beer and other cheep alcohol. I went to some of the parties and was glad to find that even though I was constantly offered alcohol I could just say that "I don't drink" and everyone respected that. No one got offended when I didn't accept their drinks or asked me twice.

Eating raw at Uni is not that hard. I talked to the chef of my servery about it and he supports me fully, which is awesome. I usually eat at the servery for fruits like grapes and melons, and this week I ate quite a bit of their oranges as the bananas were not enough in number or even ripe enough for consumption. However, I asked for a box of bananas to be given to me at the servery which I will be able to take to my room and eat to my heart's content as they become ripe. There are times when I have to go hungry because lunch is located at public events and hosted by someone unaware of my dietary situation, but for the most part I'm pretty decently taken care of. 

Socially it's not much of a problem I eat with everyone else but just eat something different. Going to restaurants gets a bit tricky but for the most part I don't do it much so if we are going out I might eat a veggie wrap or something. People are starting to call me a bad ass vegan. I like it. 

Anyway there is much more I can say but college calls. If anyone wants to know how to be/stay raw in college I'd be glad to answer any questions.

Views: 456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I go out I generally eat food as least cooked as possible. I don't like to eat salads because I consider them a rip off in terms of quantity versus price, but I make sure to eat something that is gluten free and as least cooked as possible. High carb. So maybe a vegetable sushi?

In japanese restaurants avoid the brown sauce thy put on sushi, it's eel sauce. Also avoid fried foods such as tempura because they have egg in them. Noodles are vegan but if you want to avoid gluten they're probably not your best option. And always ask about the broth. I would really just recommend looking up the menu before going to the restaurant and doing research about the dishes before actually going to the restaurant if you don't want to ask too many questions while you're with your friends.

I'm just about to start off my freshmen year at college and I am a bit worried about what I'll be eating on the meal plan. Do your roommates have problems with the banana smell in the dorm?

Not at all! I told them that our room will smell a lot like fruit beforehand though. The trade off is that even though I bought our minifridge I can't tell her what she can and can't put in it. This morning she put meat in there. But I'm not about to let it get to me as long as our foods don't mix. You'll find that college is exhausting and extremely demanding (at least mine is), so you can't get worked up about every little thing.

Know exactly what you mean.  I talked to my roommates and they're totally alright with the smell and everything.  I'll be meeting the director of the dining hall tomorrow to see how I'll pay for all of my fruit through my campus money card. I might be coming back here throughout the year to get some tips! Thanks!

Yeah I mean it depends on which Uni you go to but mine pretty much covers all of my needs. It's not free though, I pay for an unlimited meal plan. The logic behind it is that because it's unlimited I should be able to get whatever I want. It's not always easy I can't order a giant jackfruit for dinner easily, but if you stay on good terms with your chef you should be fine.

Tip: Always say hi to your chef even if you're in the middle of a serious conversation. That is something I learned recently. It's all about being in good terms.

Sounds like you're off to a great start in all ways.  Did you get that case of bananas?  That's also good news that the chef is so willing to accommodate you.

Yeah I got half a case but I just ask for more each time I run out it's not a problem. I'm trying to get on my chef's good side so I can get more exotic fruits/just more variety.

Cool! I'm HCRV at college too! It has been pretty easy so far. I ordered dates for California, and have an organic apple vender from the market drop off 40 IBS of apples each week as staples which I'm supplementing with peaches, watermelons, etc.  The most funniest part of eating raw for me at school is watching my housemates spend hours in the kitchen cooking, when mine is always ready and delicious! 

PS. Add me if you wish! 

I'm HCRV here at college. I usually buy two cases of organic bananas a week from trader Joe's ($29 a case), about 7 heads of organic romaine from fresh market, 10-15 mangoes, around 20 peaches, around 20 bosc pears and about 3-4 pounds of organic grapes. All this for around $90 and I also have lots of organic halawai  dates left from a big shipment a while back from oasisdate.com. A lot of the time I will change variety of fruits or add more variety. 

Thats exactly what I'm trying to do, but buying a meal plan is required so I need to figure out how to get it through school

I'm too broke for that ;_;

I am subsisting off only what the servery can give me. Do you work to get that kind of money?

Wow I couldn't have apples as my staple that's pretty hardcore. It's great that you can get so much variety though. I'm struggling to distend my stomach and get more variety. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"URGENT Message to the President #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XtuLDb"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Jun 19
allie posted a discussion
Jun 19
allie posted a photo
Jun 19
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service