30 Bananas a Day!

Does 'Peak Performance (physically) = Peak Health?
I believe the answer is YES.

If this is a truth then female body fat levels that are dictated by popular medical professionals will never result in peak health.

I am exited about getting this very important issue out in the open and talking about how having unnatural levels of stored body fat create infinite problems and limitations for both males and females, and in the case of females more problems and issues.

I believe in high water content fruits.  This is what makes me feel and perform my best in athletics. 

SO few people actually go 100% no overts and only eat high water content fruits for more than a few days or weeks. When you really give it a shot and get your body fat down to 3-5% for me (male) and 5-8% for women (when lactating or pregnant a bit more fat %) you won't be able to make a judgment call on whether a high water content fruit diet/ no over fats makes you feel the best.

I believe that women are sold a big load of BS getting recommendations to keep body fat at 12-25%,

I feel women and men never really experience peak health until they achieve the body fat ranges that I just listed above.

Talk is cheap folks...experience something for yourself first hand before you pass judgment on it.

We ALL know what it's like to be fat, eat shit food and not exercise... few of us actually experience stealth body fat levels like all other wild animals in nature (male or female).

We all need to return to nature and look at nature for answers. Show me where natural wild animals have such large differences in body fat levels based on sex? Show me where in nature male/female animals have such large variations in physical abilities?

This a huge topic of discussion.

Popular thinking on this subject is as sick and messed up as people thinking that pills and potions in vitamin shops will offer them a silver bullet to peak health.

People talk about 'detox' and all the issues related to getting things out of your body that you don't need or should carry around...
well start thinking that too much body fat is DETOX stuff!  

Get it off and experience peak health. Carrying around excess body fat makes your hormones crazy, makes you feel lethargic, you can't exercise with ease, can't cool efficiently, makes you more injury prone, causes countless diseases, etc, stored excess fat makes a lot of problems - and until you get to the levels that nature intended I don't believe you can experience health like nature intended.

Sorry to be so hard on excess body fat. I used to be 30lbs heavier than I am now so I talk from some experience too guys. 

There are no shortcuts to peak health and performance.

Body fat recommendations by main stream medical/media (for females specifically) are so out of 'natural' that almost no one  ever experiences true health and freedom from being literally weighed down with unnatural stored fat levels.

Don't believe me?... just go talk to a peak level athlete or Olympian with 3-5% fat (male and female).

I believe one of the main issues in having unnatural body fat levels is all because of what people eat: Overt Fats! (and not enough high water content fruits)

Overt fat intake gets stored as fat -period!  

Overt fats goes right on you and stays there until you are in calorie deficit.

Don't eat overts for a few months then go back to overts and keep your calorie intake the same as it was when you weren't eating overts - You will notice suddenly that you are storing fat on your body. I've watched it happen on myself many times in the past. Overt fats go right to stored body fat. 

Have you ever gone to the bathroom after eating a fatty meal and seen oil floating on the top of the toilet bowl water?
No of course not, b/c your intestinal system absorbs every last fat calorie.

Eat overt fats = increase your stored body fat. Period.

I'm interested in what other people have to say about this issue, mainly from women who currently have very low body fat, but have had higher percentages in the past. What can you tell us about your personal feelings and experience?  Do you feel differently with low body fat vs higher body fat?

People that don't have practical experience in this subject please don't post dogma or stuff that you only believe because of popular things you've read in books or heard in the media. I'm looking for people with practical experience, not inexperienced opinions...

I'm excited about making a video on this subject and appreciate any points / examples people want to suggest to cover.

A good list of fantastic female athletes with natural low body fat is something I am compiling as well. If you want to suggest more - great!

Views: 11669

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

By that I meant, Bo, Selita, and Heidi.
I'm grinning from ear to ear, Sam! :D
I don't think bananas are a high water content fruit, try to juice them.
Melons, citrus, cucumbers, stone fruits, peppers, berries, anything JUICY, that is high water content fruit. Lower water content fruit takes water out of you, and that is never good. You need to drink water after you eat a lot of bananas, same goes with dates and other lower water content fruits. I like to eat things that only add benefits to me, and yes bananas won't normally let you get down to a stealth body fat unless you are working out a ton and becoming calorie deficient. Lower water content foods I believe have an easier time being converted to stored body fat. Example: I find that if I eat 10,000cals of orange juice a day I won't gain fat...you can't do that with bananas!
Ok, thanks.
I'm trying my best not to get frustrated by this. ;) I've been on lfrv for hardly two months now, so for now, I'm glad I manage to live lfrv in the first place. Replacing the lower water content fruit by higher water content fruit will be my long term goal. The next step.
I'm a runner and I really want to become a good runner in the next couple of months/years, and therefore I definitely have to reduce my bf%.
Michael, do you suggest that one can only get this low in bodyfat when leaving out bananas and dates (= fruit with little water content)? of course at the same time one has to do endurance training, i get it.
see my reply above. The answer is no.
Very interesting moth - mental health is far more important to me than athletic performance. I have a history of depression, panic disorder, anorexia, and bulimia. Perhaps I'll try cutting out overts.
melons & figs and other fruits give me ample omega 3 & 6's
Well, I actually have seen oil in the bowl after eating fatty... however I grew up in a family of very small people who were always told they were underweight and needed to gain... I became obsessed with this in high school, as I believe my mom and aunts before me did. My first plan was to eat as much junk food as I could, when that didn't work I followed nutritional recommendations very strictly and finally the obsession and failure to gain weight led to mental health issues... bipolar disorder characterized by an eating disorder. I should say this really started when I was about 12 years old, but I lacked the focus to really damage myself at that time.

When I was eating disordered I had a hard time being diagnosed because I had no desire to lose weight, I was the opposite. I got really, really underweight at that time, going from 85 or so pounds to about 65lbs. I ended up in the mental institution where they managed to fatten me up, which was their main goal. I had only been vegan for a small amount of time leading up to that, but couldn't keep to it in the treatment center, I tried to be vegetarian, but that didn't last either. They weighed me all the time, and followed this body fat recommendation you're referring to, and gave me pharmaceutical drugs that caused me to gain weight. I ended up gaining more weight than I ever have, extremely fast(because that's what they wanted) and I found it to be very physically painful to carry that much weight on my body...I could touch/see the extra skin/fat and it was sore and hurting when I moved it. But, I was within "normal" ranges for my size, and everyone was proud of me. It was the strangest time in my life... I "looked" so good, to mainstream society with it's skewed view of health, but I felt very horrible inside, and confused. I felt like I was living in the Twilight Zone, but I was somewhat still under the belief that this was good, although I was questioning it, because I didn't feel good, or even think I looked good... I looked normal, but not good, in my opinion.

I didn't last on that diet very longer, after a couple months I started weaning myself off the 4 drugs I was on, stopped going to the psychologist and developed a new philosophy...my mom even agreed I should get off some of the drugs, but wanted me to keep on the one that "regulated" my weight. I weaned from them all, became fully dedicated vegan and developed my own treatment plan... I should say I was in college at the time, and after all this I decided to not stress myself with going to my classes and just do whatever made me feel better... which included a lot of random nature walks around campus and dancing in my room, I lost weight pretty easily. I then moved all the way across the country to be with my SO and we started a yoga teacher training together, where I lost more weight, but gained a lot more strength, a lot more health...raw foods was a big focus of our training, and I couldn't believe I'd lost so much weight but felt soooo much healthier, so much more capable of physical endurance, strength, and mentally very strong... I really changed my perceptions on body image at that time, I finally felt comfortable and healthy, just as I was. I had no desire to gain weight, I thought it was a ridiculous idea, I'd felt better than I had felt since puberty, which was 9 & 10 for me.

Still people think I am "too skinny", but are always so surprised at my strength. I don't care anymore, I know how I feel and I think I look good, healthy and people who can perceive what health really is will also notice this. My body resisted gaining weight for 10 years, and it wasn't until I was forced on drugs and dairy(they really brainwashed me and addicted me to dairy in the treatment center...even prescribed dairy drinks(ensure) and yogurt to me as a part of my treatment plan)... so that is my story.

I should add that all the adults and kids in my family are now overweight, most of them very overweight and even obese. We are naturally very short and slender and it used to be that only the women gained weight after years of trying, in their 30's... now the men, and children are overweight... I think this is due to the genocide program of "food & drug administration" in our country and the brainwashing and beliefs associated with the obsession on fat is healthy...they believe I am underweight, and I am not, maybe according to some arbitrary medical guideline, but in reality I am the weight I am for good reason.
I know what you mean Kelly... I should say, I have no clue what my body fat is... or was before.

I can say that with my first daughter I was high fat raw and it was really not ideal... after she turned one I even got into fasting Bragg's style... I'd do 12-48 hours once a week, I did that for about 1-2 months, most weeks. That was my middle step between high fat raw, to lfrv. I know, that I really, really can't handle the fat now, and during this last pregnancy, I easily transitioned to no or very low overts, it wasn't on purpose, it is just what my body preferred... my ability to do overts has changed a lot over the course of 4 years. Now I am breastfeeding and I am eating some overts, sometimes, but I can't consume them the way I could before... only certain kinds of seed, I got some raw pecans I'm gonna try, but I typically can't really do nuts, but it could be because of the protein. Mostly I enjoy avocados for overts and can't do much more than that...

Breastfeeding and raising kids can be a very physical job, and I refer to pregnancy/birth/breastfeeding as an athletic event... I say listen to your body, I don't prefer to breastfeed without any overts right now, maybe if I had a better supply of sweet fruits I would... I would not do it without bananas though... I'd be eating all day long non-stop if I didn't eat something very highly caloric. I'm also somewhat athletic in my non-mothering life, with dancing and yoga, and I just plain like to keep up my strength and exercise. I'm trying to get peak performance as a breastfeeding mother, because like I said, the last time around, high fat raw was very difficult to stick to at times, I felt very exhausted and weakened by it at times, and I feel that is really due to my diet taking so much out of me, added to breastfeeding... we'll see though.
Thanks for sharing, Kelly. Interesting.

Now, I am thinking. Why do women need to be told what fat percentage they should be? Isn't up to women to choose what they feel best at?
Well, it's up to women to choose how to respond to it. :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Cédric replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
10 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"John Williams - Fed Lost Control of Financial System #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2P5nMeM"
10 hours ago
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a photo
Dec 4
Profile IconAnna Bostick and Angela Hogan joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Dec 3
Raini Pachak posted a discussion
Dec 3
Kelly's photo was featured
Nov 30
ednshell's photo was featured
Nov 27
Profile IconJust.Me, Malika and Phoebe joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 27
Justine Jolene and Kevin are now friends
Nov 27
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Nov 20
fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
Nov 17
fruity78 posted a discussion
Nov 17
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Nov 16
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Nov 16
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Nov 16
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Nov 16

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service