this evening I eat some potatoes, sweet and normal (as often I do) . Maybe I've eaten too much of them, but now I feel really sick, so nauseous, headache, I think I'm going to throw up at the moment :(...never happened before!
What's going on??
what can I do?
I'm feeling really really bad :( help!!!
You can google or wikipedia solanine or solanine poisoning, a toxic alkaloid found in potatoes. They are also high oxalate.
They make a great back up food for some people, but for many of us, they make us feel tired or sick.
but it's the first time for me...I used to eat them in the evening and I felt pretty good after!
once you cross the tolerance level it takes from your health.
i wouldn't touch a potato i knew how they made me feel i experimented with all that years ago.
eating hydrated food whole fresh ripe. works like a charm
i'd pack my bags and skidaddle
I agree with the alkaloid diagnosis....glycoalkaloid to be exact. Check out nutritionfacts.org. However this is only specific to the generic white potato. Especially if not peeled. All other potatoes (at least as far as science can tell until now) are fine.. and in fact, VERY healthy... e.g. sweet potato and purple potato
did you change the variety? cause when i eat floury potatoes i feel sick too.. but with waxy potatoes not so. in both cases they were organic by the way i don't eat non-organic
Maybe you were dehydrated before you started consuming the potato. Always drink loads of water especially before eating cooked starchy food