30 Bananas a Day!

I am not 100% lfrv yet but am well on the way. I am still eating cooked veggies, basically in soups, as fruit is ridiculously priced in my part of the world and its bloody cold.

Green smoothies have been my saviour and are forming an important part of my morning ritual. They are cleaning me out internally and it feels great.

I feel a million bucks, but i would need that to buy bananas or tropical fruit at the moment. What i would like to know is can i use these smoothies as a replacement for fruit or the soups until the summer when bananas are less than $2+ each. Or should i just live on apples and mandarines for the next 4 months?

Any suggestions or advice appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bananas weren't a huge part of my diet until recently. I would just add one to green smoothies for the sweetness. 

I really think you can eat in season and not be hung up on having to get 2 KG of dates or something.

One reason I went raw was b/c I was looking for low fat vegan recipes and I didn't have access to any of the processed things that vegan recipes tend to call for (like egg replacer or something). I was living in a developing country.

Dates are $30/kg so they are almost as much of a luxury as bananas. Apples and Citrus are less than $2/kg so they are my staple. I get funny looks when i eat 10+ mandys in front of workmates. Strawberries are $25/kg minimum and blueberries are close to $100/kg so they are only a treat for the kids.

I have been scouring the internet for raw recipes and green smoothies are the only viable answer. I cant belive the salt and sugar content in some of those so called healthy recipes.

Pears are on the way back, so its apples, mandys and pears for me as far as fruit goes. 

Dave

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
9 hours ago
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
yesterday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service