30 Bananas a Day!

I've been battling with anorexia for almost 2 years now and my hair has gotten extremely thin. Like, it's probably about half the thickness it was before ED. I'm fully raw and I was wondering that, if I continue eating 2500 calories and no less, will this make my hair regrow? I have tons of baby hairs at the top of my head but I don't know if that's regrowth or breakage. Is 2500 calories enough?

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure the caloric intake you need on fully raw I thought it was more than that but I am still new and learning. For healthy hair just make sure you are getting all your nutrients and keeping your health strong by the way you are eating. Collagen surrounds the hair strands- The best way to boost collagen is by getting more vitamin C.  MSM showed reduced hair loss and increased growth in only six weeks.
Leafy vegetables, such as chard, cabbage and watercress, alfalfa contain a small amount of MSM. Raw vegetables contain a higher amount. Iron is also essential for hair growth and can be found in blackstrap molasses, green leafy vegetables, leeks, cashews, dried fruits, figs, and berries.

Vitamin E is required to nourish damaged hair and to prevent breakage. foods high in vitamin E include sunflower seeds, almonds, pine nuts, dried apricots, spinach and olives. 100 mg daily of a B-complex supplement that includes biotin and vitamin B6 can reduce hair thinning by increasing scalp circulation and rejuvenating hair follicles. The minerals silica and zinc are also critical for hair growth.  Food sources of silica include cucumber, mango, green leafs, beans, celery, asparagus.. Among some of the foods high in zinc are pumpkin seeds, brazil nuts and pecans

Some ways to get your hair healthy by key nutrients in certain foods. Hope I could help

Hang In there :)

Wow, thank you so much for your help!! I have the Cronometer app on my phone to log my food and make sure I'm getting all of essential nutrients. By using your reply for a reference, I'm getting a great amount of Vitamin E & C as well as Iron and Zinc! That makes me really happy. Thank you for foods that include these nutrients because that'll really help! What's MSM, though?
I have grown some of my hair back. I did not have an eating disorder but suffered from horrible digestion/absorption issues. I lost lots of hair. There is a pic in my gallery. I had to eat over 3,000 cals per day to even get some growth to stay. If I dipped below that, it would start to thin out again. This diet will help in time! :)
Did you eat 3,000 calories of raw food? I'm hoping 2500 will be enough because it's slightly difficult to go past that

Hey girly, I've been battling the same thing especially as of late. Here are some things I've picked up along the way in my search of regaining what I used to have:

• DO get plenty of exercise. This increases blood flow which will help your follicles receive nutrients
  • Sunshine to help your body absorb more vitamins/minerals.
  • Check your iodine levels. Iodine improves endocrine function. A wonky thyroid can mean bad hair. There are iodine drops to put under the tongue.
  • Are you eating less than 10% fat? I noticed a decline in my hair after I went 4-5% fat
  • Plenty of GREENS! Darker the better
  • WATER, and REST. Both easily overlooked but JUST as important as food
  • Keep eating above 2500 cal
  • A trick I learned to stimulate the scalp is to also shoot with warm water, then cold, then warm, then cold while showering. It help "wakes" it up.
  • Last but not least....NO stressing :) Just give yourself permission to not panic over this; remember that old hairs come out to replace with new healthy strong hair.
Thank you girl! I'm going to be getting a blood test done to make sure if I'm deficient in something (I'll check for iodine) You say to keep above 2500, but is 2500 good enough? I'm going to have to up my fat intake because I'm at about 3-5% When you say, "Old hairs come out to replace with new healthy strong hair.", do you mean old hairs fall out?
Hey!

As an aside to diet - Just wondering, is the water very hard where you live? You might want to get a water filter for your shower if it is, it can additionally help with thinning hair or hair that is weakened and trying to regrow. xxx best of health to you!

This is a good point! I know if there is Lyme in the water you shower in its very bad for your hair, also use minimal shampoo or organic sulfate-free shampoo

I would never have believed that all my hair problems were being caused by water till I went from a soft water country to a hard water and back - people blamed diet and 'stress' for my hair problems till circumstance made it obvious it was the water. People live with eczema and hair loss never once thinking it could be their sink, doubting their water systems!

I switched to a filtered unit and voila my hair is back to its natural texture and health. Theres a lot of chlorine in city water too and you dont want that all over your skin either, best 25 euro i ever spent. Best of luck Olivia and don't doubt your diet, you are doing the best for your body x
Yeah I'm going to have to look into that! Thank you! I feel as though this lifestyle is perfect, especially for recovery because I feel like being fully raw will bring on the benefits / improvements even quicker!
I use Aveda products. I hope that's not too damaging! Thank you (:
Oh wow, I'll have to find out! Thank you!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
16 hours ago
allie posted a discussion
20 hours ago
allie posted a photo
20 hours ago
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
yesterday
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
yesterday
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service