30 Bananas a Day!

Im pretty sure a lot of you all exercise and then eat a big fruit meal...am i right? otherwise you would eat and then have to wait for it to digest and all that.

Or do some eat a big fruit meal before they exercise and wait for it to digest?  

Im also curious because next month i have 2 big dance conventions....and its allllll day long dancing.....probably an hour-45 mins top for lunch break.....im nervous i would just be finishing my smoothie after 45 mins and then rush right back into dancing and im scared i will get cramps or that it will hinder my thought processing cuz i'll be digesting....what do u think?

Thanks for replies! :D 

Views: 1850

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dance all day a lot of the time. It's my job. I usually just have watermelon, then a big smoothie for breakfast a few hours before, then eat small amounts of fruit throughout the day and feel amazing! Grab an orange or apple or a few dates on a five minute break. It's definitely the best diet for that. You stay energized and feeling light and ready. A lot of my coworkers are starving by lunch, then eat a lunch that's too big, consisting of soup and sandwich and/or a salad smothered in fatty dressing and feel stuffed and sluggish for over an hour after.

thanks sean!!!!! glad to hear input from a fellow dancer!! :D what kind of dance do u do?! 

I currently dance with a ballet company in NYC. We perform classical as well as contemporary and modern works. I've done a lot of different types of dancing over the years(like most people nowadays:)) We are in season at the moment and at the theater up to 12 hours a day, six days a week, so having lots of raw snacks around helps me stay on my game. What's your dance story? :)

thats amazing!!! :D  well ive been dancing since i was 4 yrs old, almost 22 now.  ive been trained in ballet, lyrical, jazz, tap, hip hop, contemporary, some musical theater, and a little house style.  My strongest suits are tap and hip hop :)  i love all styles of course though :)  we never practiced turning at my studio i first started out at, so i suck at it really bad, and it bothers me lol.  but i got brought up with like 3 ballet classes a week and i really love ballet!! :) 

I usually eat a couple bananas, wait 15 minutes or so, then hit the gym.  Afterwards it's green smoothie time.

Works for me.

Well the smoothies will go down better than any other food you could be eating– sometimes you just don't have an ideal schedule. You're probably used to all day competitions and know how important it is to refuel or else you start to run on autopilot. In those high stress situations remember your body's needs, and don't be too concerned with the expected schedule; you are not on the restrictive don't-eat-anything-all-day dancer regimen, and you can surely feed yourself a proper lunch in a half hour of eating time. Plus, even though other people might not be consuming calories during water breaks there is always room for a swig of some sweet gatorade (for a mainstream sports comparison) in the middle of a block of dancing. I'd say definitely pack yourself some fruity drinks. You can maintain some consistency through these high intensity days with a little planning! Good luck!

I would suggest having a really good smoothie in the morning, at least an hour or 2 before your convention starts, then a quick small serving of fruits for lunch and a filling dinner when you are done.

This is what I do when I photograph 600 dancers for their dress rehearsal from 11am to 9pm and a 1/2 lunch break.....just tailor it for your specific schedule.

Both! :)

Mostly it depends on when I'm hungry. That might not be the best or most efficient method, but I find with eating mainly fruit, it doesn't really seem to affect me as much when I eat as when I was eating "standard" high fat and high protein.

maybe you could have a really big breakfast a little earlier than normal and then just kind of graze throughout the day... i find that if i eat a big breakfast early ( like 1000 or more) then i find that i am not super hungry throughout the day. 

Usually it's good to eat a meal after working out. When you have food in your stomach, your capillaries will be sending blood and energy to your stomach for digesting food. This is why there's that whole "wait an hour after eating to swim" thing (though people don't need to actually wait, just don't eat a HUGE meal before swimming). If you're going to be doing high-intensity exercising you could possibly throw up if you eat a large amount before.

However, with the amount you'll be exercising, you should definitely make sure you get enough food! It would be better for you to have your smoothie for the lunch break rather than postponing eating anything until the exercise is all over with. You do need the calories to fuel you through your workout, and since it's dancing all day long you'll be burning tons of calories. You need the calories so that you can perform your best dance.

And just as others have mentioned, eat afterwards as well. You will be burning so many calories and if you don't eat enough you could burn out.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Stephen posted photos
yesterday
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
Saturday
Profile IconStephen and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Thursday
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Apr 1
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Apr 1
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 30
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service