30 Bananas a Day!

My friend, former high fat raw vegan who got sick on the diet (no surprise!) and is now anti-vegan, sent me this link just now. i haven't read all of it and I don't really want to, but it is an interview with Apple Man who used to post here and left recently. this interview is going to leave anyone who reads it with a warped impression of lfrv being unhealthy, just because one person didn't do it right.... :o(

comments are allowed at the bottom. I think it would be a good idea for those of us thriving on this diet to post our successes there, and point out the flaws in his arguments against lfrv..... and explain why he failed (it says he was anorexic!!!). he seems like a very nice kid but so young and misguided....

(don't read this if this kind of thing might trigger you to stray from lfrv)

http://letthemeatmeat.com/post/3484206816/interview-with-an-ex-vega...

Views: 3037

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

good find jenna!

it is unfortunate that appleman has gone over to the darkside, but i don't think his interview will affect much beyond his own fame. ;)

i'm glad to see he is still being consistent with certain aspects of his philosophy, though i'm disappointed he has expanded his normally cohesive delivery with extensive profanity ... but i guess we can't blame that on dietary alterations. :D

(also, he still is in awe of minger's efforts which i find so peculiar at this point in time.)

his suspension was handled with care leaving his posts intact.

however, he deleted them from what we understand. i don't know why he would do that.

some of his posts were quite inspirational to others, so while he was here he benefited many.

when he figures his way back, he will likely do the same again.

in friendship,

prad

Prad,

I like what Richard wrote as a comment in that interview of the devils child :-)

Don't tell me he doesn't look creepy.

Appleman has become waffleman.

Take Care,

Actually, no. I’ll be honest, when I first watched Earthlings I somewhat MADE myself dislike it. You know, you don’t really care about those anonymous pigs getting pushed into that spiked wheel of death, but by that point you’ve spent way too much time cheering to vegan message boards and you feel you SHOULD be horrified, otherwise you’re just an indifferent sick fuck. So you cover your eyes with your hands and go “oh god, make it stop, oh it’s so horrible” and all that shit. You make yourself BELIEVE that you’re uncomfortable with this.

I think he's is the ONLY one who feels this way.

melissa wrote:

I think he's is the ONLY one who feels this way.

it should prove interesting to see how he feels about his new buddies in crapaleo land: the ones who have somehow made themselves believe that they aren't uncomfortable with the imprisonment, exploitation, abuse and murder of sentient beings. at one time, he was our friendly neighborhood appleman.

in all fairness, it should be mentioned that appleman never really caught on to the concept of animal rights and did post occasionally even in his 'inspirational' posts that if corpse was good for you, he'd be eating it right now.

this presentation of 'ethics' is tried to be passed off as being 'anthropocentric', though in reality it boils down to "if it feels good for me, i'll do it (... and to hell with everyone else)".

in friendship,

prad

AKA a Machievillian perspective on life - fortunately most people are more emotionally intelligent, otherwise it would quite literally be a dog eat dog world.

Prad,

I find this quote from Erim to be quite literally mind-numbing:

"Actually, no. I’ll be honest, when I first watched Earthlings I somewhat MADE myself dislike it. You know, you don’t really care about those anonymous pigs getting pushed into that spiked wheel of death"

I don't need to comment on it, I really don't know what to say. 

Apparently Erim is a pretty duplicit individiual. 

I was aware of him, but I didn't really follow him.  If a topic interests me and I see comments from DR, Freelee, B, Doug Graham, Debbie Took, Adam, yourself, and a few others I see what you folks have to say. 

I would be absolutely floored if any of the aforementioned made a similar comment about not caring, "about those anonymous pigs getting pushed into that spiked wheel of death".

I hope finds what he's looking for, hopefully without harming other sentient beings.

Peace Be With Us,

Chris

I would be absolutely floored if any of the aforementioned made a similar comment about not caring, "about those anonymous pigs getting pushed into that spiked wheel of death".

it is interesting what you say in your post, chris.

in fact, it is a remarkable point you make too.

actually, i didn't follow him that much either because his focus was on nutrition and mine wasn't, but we talked once in a while and had a few good philosophical discussions and one really funny exchange where he had me completely fooled by his teasing (i'm a bit slow, so i refuse to give him too much credit :D ).

i think many here really were swept away by his fervor as well as his willingness to help them.

like appleman i got into veg for purely nutritional reasons - i had to learn about the other stuff. once you understand that other stuff, there is no going back ... ever ... except by suppressing the conscience through self-serving rationalizations, peculiar pep talks and the hand of tyranny.

as the saying goes,

"what's good for one's ethics, is good for all beings."

in friendship,

prad

(i'm a bit slow, so i refuse to give him too much credit :D).

Damnit man! IF your slow, then I'm surely still an embryo!! Sometimes when i read your posts, I'm like, "THats right on!" then other times I'm like "What?" and have to reread! A lot of what you say is way way over my head! And that is when i'm carbed up. lol

like appleman i got into veg for purely nutritional reasons - i had to learn about the other stuff. once you understand that other stuff, there is no going back ... ever ... except by suppressing the conscience through self-serving rationalizations, peculiar pep talks and the hand of tyranny.

This is what stood out to me... if it were only about nutrition I'd be going back and forth between veganism and eating animal products, the way I go back and forth between raw vegan and nonraw.  But there is no shaking my veganism because yes, it did make me sick to watch the pigs getting pushed into the spiked wheel of death.  i didn't force myself to cry.  Isn't it possible that some values instilled by society are worth pursuing? Yes, perhaps we are in fact pushing this ideal of "not killing" to the extreme, and we are only helping further instill the values we've been taught by society... but what if "society" has this one right? 

I like what he said about actions ultimately just being about what result you want.  Okay, so we have to live with the fact that we can't just go around punching people in the face without consequences.  At the same time he said it would feel better to punch someone in the face.  I don't want to live in a society where every time someone gets angry they punch someone in the face!  Because then the person who got punched will get angry, and will also want to do the same.  Then another punch.  Then before you know it there's a full-on battle and someone is dead!  

Okay, if you really want to live in a place like that, disregard logic and just use emotion.  but imo, that kind of a world would SUCK!

I don't know, I've definitely been down his road of thinking before and I find it's quite circular after all.   Doesn't saying "health is the greatest wealth" contradict what he is saying about dismissing ideology?  Sure, it's not very "ethical" but it's an ideology, no? 

I do agree with some of the things he says, and he says it quite eloquently. 

nice post jenni! and good observation on the circularity too!

great replies by shf and jon as well!

this place has become such a wealth of not just knowledge, but of meaningful thought too!

in friendship,

prad

it is important to note how desensitized we become from all of the energy we consume on a daily basis (the internet, entertainment, etc). i mean, people are entertained without any question to how these images negatively impact our selves. images of violence, racism, classism, hate, etc have all grown rampant and normative and while we see these on a daily basis, we become blinded by our distorted reasoning. i find it interesting how these same elements institutionalize our society to preserve this normative practice, while also perpetuating the loss of our symbiotic relationship between intuition and truth.

being male in a society that loosely condemns the safeguard of animals is something that discounts maleness too. dr has commented on this once before in the past on a word about "rednecks," and i'm sure i can speak for many others by saying that anti-veg is often associated with hegemonic masculinity.

i sincerely hope that the external act of violence for the sake of "nutrition" in appleman's case is not an assertion of masculinity that many males in our society take in refusal to pursue social responsibility.

i find it interesting how these same elements institutionalize our society to preserve this normative practice, while also perpetuating the loss of our symbiotic relationship between intuition and truth.

I don't know why, but i really like this one line, and the rest of what you said as well. (Both for what you say and the way you say it :) )

It is very interesting what you bring up about masculinity.  I always have an admiration for males who are vegan/vegetarian, or who simply show compassion for these animals.  I in my quest to be a strong nontypical female used to proudly declare in highschool "no, i'm not trying vegetarian for the animals, i don't care about the animals, let them die, it's natural, the circle of life!"  (Yes i was very stupid to say the least).  And I more often run into males who have a similar train of thought.  Like, they are PROUD not to care.  This is the type of vibe i got from reading some of appleman's lines.    And it goes to the point prad made about him never really "getting" the animal rights thing.  I'm very lucky to be surrounded by men who don't really care for "asserting their masculinity" only to end up "refusing social responsibility" as you put it so well... ironically this makes them much stronger men in  my eyes.  anyone who acts differently is usually young and immature and/or has identity issues.

Appleman, although i hate age discrimination, is quite young, and i'm sure has had his share of identity crises like most of us.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
18 hours ago
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11
OrganicMark posted a status
"PRESIDENT TRUMP & FREEDOM FIGHTERS TARGETED & BLACKLISTED #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Hamvzj"
May 8

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service