30 Bananas a Day!

My friend and I are going to Ensenada in Baja tomorrow and will be staying for a week.  I figured the place would be overloaded with fruit but now can't find anything to support that online.  Sun and cheap, ripe fruit are the reasons for this short trip - did I just make a total mistake on where to go?

If anybody's ever been, please let me know how it is there!  I'd hate to abandon my fruit here for a town filled with fish tacos that I was never into when I WOULD have eaten them, jaja.  Thanks, guys!    -Kirra

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As soon as I know, of course!  If I die and don't respond, that'll mean I didn't find any, jajaja.

I use to live in SD and go down Baja for a few days, and well Ensenada is not really a great spot for fruits... The area does not produce much fruits, and you will have a hard time finding lots of great fruits. You will always find some, in the markets, or in the juice stands, mostly papayas, but sure fish tacos are much more common there!!!

You should look into flights from TJ to anywhere in Mexico, it's rather cheap, and you can get to some really nice places, with much more fruits!

I live in SD so am just taking a bus down there.  I always heard great things about Ensenada, but I guess never from fellow fruit-eaters, wah, wah.  Luckily, I love papaya, but it might end up being a bummer for my friend...woops!

Have you ever been to Rosarito? Maybe I can convince mi amigo to let us wing a few days of our trip.

I passed through Rosarito, but never really stopped, too many people for me... We would go further down, at least Ensenada, or more south.

One thing I wouldn't eat there was all the prepared salads, you never know how it was washed, and I got a few friends who ruined their surfing trip with that ;-)

I spent 4 months in that town back in '98, i did my senior year of high school there. I gained a lot of weight. We traveled to Tijuana to do our grocery shopping, and i remember the fruit being pretty low quality. I remember mangoes that tasted like crap. I remember a lot of processed food establishments, a lot of fish, and i barely remember eating any fruit when i was there. You can probably buy bags of oranges from the streets near the Mercado Negro. Sorry, but i don't think it's a big fruit destination. I hope you find some. Stay aware, Ensenada, the coast, and the border area isn't as safe as it used to be. 

Good to read that, Motoman!  Yeah, I love hoofing it city to city, but my friend got a bit tired of that after our Thailand trip last summer, so we're busing to Ensenada and only biking within the city.  When were you last there?

thorry, I was trying to edit and blew it!

I last drove thru 2 yrs ago, Aprilish (have dirt way further south). I've seen truckloads of fruit heading north from San Quintin (a real 'bread basket' area) and have purchased fruit there several times (and as previously stated had a bad fish taco exp ONCE way back when).

It may not be a fruit utopia or anything, but for a week you're fine!

And re safety ... unless you're out at 4am looking for hookers & blow, there's no problem. (The media hype has alot to answer for)  JEALOUS!!!

Awesome!  (And I'm glad you were the one who deleted the post; I was afraid I had, jaja!)  Yeah, the safety doesn't concern me, even if it should.  I've traveled in seedier places, I'm sure.  I'm sure Ensenada will have at least SOME fruit, but I'm especially worried because AFTER booking our hotel, I realized that the place (Estero Resort) is a stretch south and out of the way of the central town.  Ugh.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
Sunday
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Oct 16
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Oct 16
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Oct 16
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service