So I have been experiencing some moderate to severe cases of eczema for the past year. For some background, i had eczema growing up. It was pretty bad and i used steroid creams to stop the itching. once I started eating a raw food diet, and shortly after, High carb vegan, my eczema pretty much cleared up. Now it is starting to come back with a vengeance!! I stopped using my steroid creams this year ( I relapsed and used it 2 or 3 times earlier in the spring. I was under a lot of stress with work since I was performing and I needed to focus/ sleep) and it has gotten so bad. At some points, my skin would break and I would bleed.
*in janurary of 2014 I went off hormonal birth control.( been on it for 5 years) few months later I started experiencing acne last year and my eczema started to get worse. I used my steroid cream.
*then last summer (2014) I stopped using antibiotics. I had been getting chronic UTIs and had been taking them off and on for a couple of years.
*So at this point, for the past few months I have not used any prescription medication.
I am thinking it is some sort of detox but want to know what others have to say or if other people have experienced this. Since janurary 2015 I have been eating 100% raw food. high carb low fat. ( high carb raw/cooked vegan for 3 years prior) My guess is this:
1. 20+ years of using steroid creams
2. birth control compromised my hormone levels and immune system
3. chronic UTIs set in
4. start using antibiotics which led to bad gut flora=bad digestion/colon health=poor absorption of nutrition.
5. then I stop birth control. hormones go crazy. acne kicks in.
6. stop antibiotics ( found an all natural cure.... Kombucha!) stop steroid cream
7. DETOX kicks in. after years of prescription meds, toxicity build up.
what do people think? I have noticed that my acne is starting to clear up little and since I chart my cycle, I know that my hormones are starting to regulate a little more. but my eczema is still here. perhaps a little better?
thanks for your time everyone.