30 Bananas a Day!

For some reason my last thread got deleted within 10 minutes with the title called ''will noodles make me fat''

i weight 98kg and im 17. My weight has been stuck in 96-98 for like over a month now. My daily eating was like 15 bananas then some huge meal of rice with tomato sauce and lots of mushrooms, a little bit of olives too.

When i started being vegan my weight was 106kg, the weight dropped very slowly and now it is stuck.

I know that noodles are not like rice as they are not starch. Im thinking of eating packaged noodles, it says vegetable taste and its suitable for vegans, now i know that it has lots of ''E'' thingys in it, E220 etc but if we put health to the side for a moment and thing of purely weight loss are they going to stop me from losing weight? 

My eating plan would be 20 bananas and 4 packages of noodles, each package weighs around 70grams. My daily activity is mainly riding my bike.

http://www.theramenrater.com/2011/08/01/464-mama-oriental-style-ins...  this is what this is. Ignore the fried egg image on the bottom. Since ofcourse im not eating any eggs.

Views: 39718

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't instant noodles have a TON of sodium?

Could you please post the nutrition facts and ingredients? 

If I were eating grains/starches, I would go for things like white/brown rice, millet, quinoa or potatoes.  These are all lean, cheap and won't make you fat.   3 cups of cooked white rice (1 cup dry) is nearly 660 calories! Now THAT's a bang for your buck.

Okay, I just looked it up:

http://www.fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=fjrd&rid=1162894

Is this right?

At 270 calories, 100 calories is from fat.  I'm sorry, but that isn't 801010, and you aren't going to get the results you want.. (health, weight loss, etc)

And at 1600mg of sodium, you are going to be retaining so much water, even if you did lose body fat, you'd be so puffed up nobody'd be able to tell.  Salt is toxic and definitely not allowed on here.

These noodles don't look healthy at all. :(  

Please, please find something else to replace these noodles.  They are not doing you any good!

Good call Lux!

you prob. have a lot of water retention, try sweet potatoes with salad at night,for they are already tasty on their own and will not need condiments..

A lot of those instant noodles have MSG (sometimes now disguised as "natural flavors" among other things).  MSG tends to make people fat.

Hi Marc,

This actually is not the appropriate place to discuss cooked foods. If you look in groups you will see a cooked sub forum where people can discuss eating HCCV, or mostly raw with some cooked meals, (http://www.30bananasaday.com/group/high-carb-cooked-vegan-discussions) but the focus is still low fat, with these noodles, not only are they very lacking in nutrition, they are also very high fat.

You really should read 80/10/10 or at very least read through the pinned notes right in the middle, on the main page, the guidelines, FAQs etc. You need to critically look at your food choices. Looking up those noodles I find the following "nutritional" information:

Per 1 pack - Calories: 280kcal | Fat: 13.00g | Carbs: 35.00g | Protein: 7.00g

So if I stick four of those, plus 20 bananas into cronometer.com here's what I end up with:

Carb 77
Fat 17
Protein 6

or

77/17/6 and only 55% of your nutritional targets met but only 55% of nutritional targets met (with 154% fat met)

We are shooting for 80/10/10 with a maximum fat 10% (by calories)

And that is made to look "better" because of a large number of bananas! IF you just look at those noodles you end up with
48/42/10 with only 4% of nutritional targets met.

I don't think these are worth it, not at all.

And I suggest you stop thinking in terms of weight loss and instead in terms of getting what your body needs to heal itself. You will loose weight with this lifestyle if you are overweight, but if your complete focus is weight loss, it makes it so easy to slip back into under-eating bad food choices, which just never works long term.

I am surprised I tried something similar years ago, probably still before i went vegan and after that not anymore, not sure.

Never thought that dry noodle soaked with hot water and put it some flavor powder could have so much fat.

Yeah, I think that majority of them are fried, they do appear to be just dry though. But yeah they are also tend to be nutritionally empty.

Hey Marc! I love noodles too, but mama noodles have alot of added stuff like MSG and tons of sodium which will not really contribute to weight loss. I just use rice noodles, and make my own ramen. If you want to know more about this message me and I would be glad to help =)

Great response!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Alex Curtis-Slep's photo was featured
4 hours ago
Profile IconRonald Gordon, Kelli Hayes, Neda and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
5 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a video
5 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Weekend $500B Bank Bailout Needed for Jamie Dimon's Bonus! (Bix Weir) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2NAhwdZ"
10 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
yesterday
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Jasmin's group
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Tabassum's group 811 España
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Tabassum's group
Jan 10
Jelle replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jan 7

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service