30 Bananas a Day!

Durianrider & Freelee share the truth. Fullyrawkristina, Rawfullyorganic, Doug Graham,

Lots of rumors. Lots of lies. We share the truth in this pdf.

CLICK ON DOCUMENT LINK TO DOWNLOAD PDF: Gimmetruthdoc.pdf

Here is a snippet. Fullyraw Kristina claims to have never send legal threats towards anyone!

But the reality is different. Here is a letter Rawvana forwarded us. It was sent by Kristina's marketing department. Owned by Kristina's sister...
From: "Jessica Zapatero" a href="mailto:jessica@zapaterobucaram.com" target="_blank">jessica@zapaterobucaram.com>
Date: August 8, 2013 at 10:05:09 PM PDT
To: a href="mailto:rawvana@gmail.com" target="_blank">rawvana@gmail.com>
Cc: "Bianca Bucaram" a href="mailto:bianca@zapaterobucaram.com" target="_blank">bianca@zapaterobucaram.com>
Subject: Brand Infringement
Ms. Mendoza,

Our public relations agency represents Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram and we are writing to you because your recent video, Rainbow Summer Watermelon Salsa is confusingly similar to the Watermelon Gazpacho recipe that was created by our Client on August 29, 2012. The recipe contains the majority of ingredients from her original recipe, making "your "recipe a copy of hers. You must cease immediately to use any recipes that are built or expanded on our client's intellectual property.

Plainly, your brand representation, look and feel is extremely referential to Kristina's branding, food styling and even fonts used in her videos. We are flattered that you may admire Kristina, the fame she has built to date and the global expansion of her brand. However, as publicists we strongly encourage you to find your own voice, branding and filming style so that your brand is not copying our Client. 

We request that you remove that video from your YouTube Channel immediately and consider any inappropriate competition or referential actions in the future. We will be watching you brand for any similarties that may cause consumer confusion. If you do not comply we will commence legal action pursuing all appropriate remedies.

If you have any questions, I encourage you to call me directly: 713-894-4040.

Sincerely,

Jessica Zapatero
Zapatero + Bucaram Public Relations
6111 Kirby Drive, 2nd Floor 
Houston, TX 77005
(713) 894-4040
www.zapaterobucaram.com

We apologize for their behavior and feel part responsible as we promoted them so heavily over the last few years and are as disappointed as you are.

Views: 146553

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So, Doug Graham has had a pretty significant run in with the law.  Dan is a self admitted drug addict and alcoholic.  Kristina is just downright nuts.  DR has admitted to a juvenile criminal history.

All this luggage and airing it out is not helping the raw movement.

Greg, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is more but right now we don't feel its appropriate to make it all public. This is enough at the moment.

One way my teenage years of graffiti & hip hop culture in the 90's have helped myself contribute to the community today is I can relate to 'troubled teenagers' who are really just kids looking for some significance and peer approval. Im sure glad I know what to say and when to say it to gain many teenagers attention and steer it in the right direction. Ive helped many parents gain more respect from their teen kids by giving them some insights they were ignorant of.

None of us are perfect, I just like highlighting people that pretend they are or deny they are not.

It's pretty clear DR is exposing the character of these people and exposing the truth about who these "community leaders" are.  Personally, I don't care about convictions, but these people are clearly manipulative and prepared to trample over others to further self interest.  While their RAW message is fantastic I would much rather receive the message from someone who is of good character.

Making money is a fine thing, but DTM, Kristina, DG have clearly lost their way by making dollars the most important thing. 

The problem is these individuals are not community minded and lack that spirit of generosity that only by true leaders have.   

I'm receiving messages about Kristina mailing everyone I know in private saying we are lying about everything! Amazing. I guess she is backed into a corner and doesn't have any choice but to lie about all this. I have no choice but to set the record straight.

A good mutual friend of Kristina's was the one who first told me that Kristina was threatening legal action against Yovana. That person even thought it was really silly. I (almost) couldn't believe it however when I arrived at the festival that was just about all kristina talked about when we chatted, bitching about Yovana and how it was SO unfair she was copying her brand and recipes. It prompted me to ask "what's this about you taking legal action against her?". Kristina conveniently denied that but instead said she got a friend to "reach out to Yovana" (friend = sister/publicist with threatening phone call followed by an email). Kristina then said Yovana's lawyers wouldn't stop harassing her and it was quote "Really scary Freelee".... I did NOT buy that, why on Earth would they do that?

At the festival she got Doug, Michael and a few others to 'talk to Yovana' (intimidate her) telling her to "find her own brand and stop copying kristina". In front of about 4 of her friends including Trent she was whinging about Yovana and my reply over and over (which ANYONE can ask the people there) was "Kristina this is so silly, take it as a compliment! No one owns a recipe. Lets keep the focus on the big picture here and that is on helping people, the animals and the planet". She thought I would agree but when I didn't she got nervous and made me promise not to say anything. I didn't like being put it that position, the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and it caused some underlying tension between us at the festival. I was pissed to be honest and so disappointed at how this rubbish was in our movement and how much of a big deal she was making about something so silly and I couldn't understand her focusing on this instead of the big picture. 

I then spoke to Yovana, she was upset by it and said she didn't trust Kristina after that. Kristina would do weird things like post comments of support on Yovana's instagram photos then remove them and say "Yovana keeps deleting my comments". I asked Yovana if she removed them she said 'no of course not', it was all VERY weird.

Anyway Yovana and I were talking about everything via PM one day.

Kristina messaged me when I shared Yovana's page on instagram and said along the lines "I can't believe/I'm disappointed you would share Yovana's page after all she has done to me...." 

Below is how Yovana felt *at the time* until Kristina eventually got to her. 

Yovana forwarded the legal threat letter and I was SHOCKED, what a nasty threatening letter over some fruit and salad! I'm not going to lie my opinion of Kristina dropped significantly in that moment. I promised to Yovana i wouldn't publicise it however I shared it with harley (as I don't have secrets with him) but after a while of not sharing it Harley didn't like knowing this information and not warning others. He decided it was time to share the truth of it in order to stop Kristina continuing to do the same thing to others. Although at this stage Yovana had stopped openly supporting us I still felt uncomfortable as I had promised Yovana but in the scheme of things I knew it was the right thing to do. Why should we protect Kristina's lies? This legal threatening rubbish does NOT belong in the vegan movement. Remember she also messaged another big page on Facebook about copying "her" lasagne recipe and the page had to provide a date stamp showing they made the recipe BEFORE Kristina. Love, hugs and apologies followed...

In the meantime Yovana had been manipulated by Kristina with love and hugs (after Kristina realised she couldn't win the case against Yovana) and subsequently Yovana had also stopped supporting us openly and switched to supporting Kristina. Yovana even did an interview with me which we both agreed was great at the time (and afterwards) and she promised to put it up on youtube but during that time period Kristina had been in her ear hardcore and Yovana instead said "Oh I don't think the interview flowed, I'm not going to put it up...". Needless to say they are best friends now after Kristina wanting NOTHING to do with her, yet another relationship of convenience, like she seemed to have with us. I will be blown away if Kristina denies this sequence of events. 

I remember that photo rawvanna of her flying a private jet drinking a green smoothie. I thought it was a fun pic. If your family is absolutely loaded be proud of that vs try and hide it. I remember when Kristina picked up her brand new porsche from the dealership. She was so happy. I told her to do a youtube vid about it and put a big fat sticker on the side of the porsche to spread the message. She didnt do either. I was also surprised she got leather seats cos you can get what ever you want when you buy a brand new porsche. I met a girl recently who worked on the factory line for Porsche and she said you can print up anything fun and they will put it on the new porsche factory spec for you as an extra. 

I think Kristina got a bit of a shock after sending that legal letter to rawvana thinking she was just a poor mexican girl making youtube vids for a bit of income. When rawvana's legal eagle team wrote back to Kristina, she was shaking in her boots! I distinctly remembering Kristina calling rawvana an 'attention whore!'. I was pretty shocked that came from Kristina's mouth lol!. She was pissed and asked me directly 'what do you do about copycats??'. I said 'I take it as a compliment, lets grow the community vs try to be the biggest fish in the pond'. K pondered that thought and changed the subject to her new purple lulu lemon hoody. 

End of the day I think Kristina has a great message. Nobody else is going to hold her to a higher integrity standard like we will. Her recent behavior has given us the motivation to deal out some tough love.  Her parents can't cos they have taught her to behave this way in the first place. She should break free from the gated community, parental expectations & go travel the world solo for a bit. Go volunteer in an Cambodian orphanage or something. I did and found it quite a positive experience being around such honestly grateful people. 

We are never afraid to rock the boat if it means many will benefit from it. We are in the unique position of being financially free to say whatever we want. The only agenda is to help others rise to the next level.

+1
but what do we want people to do now , doable stuff.  stuff that values peoples needs and the earth..
the request seems the most important part

i request she fire that PR firm
and yes do some vegan direct action with direct action everywhere etc or Food not bombs

make a real video with no cuts no lighting , solo , explaining her point of view and how it happened and her intentions as we seem to all have done so far.

the pressure has never been more heavy and it seems easy to relieve , threw honesty and transparency

that seems it the whole woodstock wanted to disassociate from the message of veganism i wish doug and anne would have put their feet down initially

didn't happen

Kristina's PR isn't the problem. The PR didn't hire themselves. PR is doing it's job. The problem is Kristina's mindset. She is insecure. She is seeking power and security outside of herself. She must look within before she is even able to make any sustainable changes. 

man. *flying a private jet drinking a green smoothie*. *brand new porsche*. wow. Yeah, I always wondered how people could afford to take off of work for weeks and pay to travel/attend all these festivals. I also wondered how they could afford cameras, and lighting, and how they weren't super tired after working and had the energy to make videos. All I have is my picture camera for videos and a tiny 1BR apartment. I am always sleepy after working as hard as I possibly can at my full time job. Paying to go to one festival would be an entire year and a half worth of savings for me. 

Thing is you got passion Teri. You can't buy passion. It comes from within.

<3 Love it, so true :-)

I never heard of yovana's videos till now. I watched one and it was very Kristina esqe. I do think it is rude to blatantly copy or I guess imitate someone but only if they don't mention their inspiration. I'm sure Kristina would have been much less defensive about her "brand" if yovana would at least mention where her ideas were coming from. Kristina probably should have confronted yovana first before calling the hound and said something to her like "yo I know u like my videos and want to share the message but I would like if u mentioned that I inspired u cuz I mean, I would totally give you credit if I took one of your recipes. Ty hugs xoxoxo" people need to learn how to communicate properly before baring their claws.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Home Prices: Downhill From Here #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kMOeNN"
12 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Friday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Friday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Friday
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Friday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Wednesday
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5
Amanda May left a comment for Kevin
Sep 5
Igor Puzeev posted a discussion
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service