30 Bananas a Day!

I posted a week or so ago about swollen parotid glands I have noticed since eating a fruit based diet. They are not painful but are swollen and disfiguring.

File:Illu quiz hn 02.jpgParotid glands are 1.

The parotid gland secretes alpha-amylase which is the first step in the decomposition of starches during mastication. It breaks down amylose (straight chain starch) and amylopectin (branched starch) by hydrolyzing alpha 1,4 bonds(per wikipedia)

Anyway I have never seen Dr. Graham until today I watched a video on youtube and he appears to have extremely swollen parotid glands linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsmcYRSvwGM

My glands look similar but not as swollen. Is this common, has anyone else experienced it?

Views: 2988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you buy mostly organic?
Not sure if the question is directed to me or the person you posted reply to, but I buy certain things always organic and others usually conventionally grown. I eat a ton of conventionally grown mangos.
:)
Dr. Graham responded on vegsource that he has not had a "flare-up" in quite some time, but has no idea what caused it with him, and that it was something he experienced while eating standard american diet as well as lfrv, so he doesn't believe it is diet related. I disagree at the moment, I am still on the hunt for information and believe it is diet related. I don't think it is cause enough to stopping eating a fruit-based diet, it is possible that it is due to certain types of fruit and that I have a predisposition to enlarged salivary glands. I believe I may have experience enlargement before starting LFRV that was too mild for me to be alarmed at or notice much, but something about my diet has triggered it. Again, I don't think it is cause to avoid fruit, I just want to know what is causing it for curiosity and vanity's sake.
Well I do know it's not uncommon for people to experience a worsening of symptoms of some problem  when they first go lfrv for the first few months, such as acne.
Makes sense.  I plan on sticking it out to see what's on the other side. :)
yes, if it is a worsening of symptoms of a pre-existing problem that would make sense. I guess time will tell...
wow thats so weird i never knew what those are. make sure u dont have any other symptoms of infection, etc
I've NEVER heard it and this post is not to point out some flaw but to genuinely seek information about a problem I myself am experiencing, especially after following the same diet plan as a person who has the SAME problem. Did you only read the title? What is your point?
thats a good question, I don't think the fact that the functional definition of the gland makes it seem irrelevant to fruit consumption means anything really, so again a good question.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service