30 Bananas a Day!

He will be at my dear friend Matthew Warner's new Rainbow Garden Cafe (which is an 811 cafe!) in Frenchtown, NJ.

Come hang out with us! We actually have quite a posse of 811ers in the area, so it would be great to connect with everyone : )

http://www.livefoodist.com/indexrg.htm

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've made my reservations and I'll be there! Just beginning to recover from surgery now, so I'll be looking forward to seeing Dr. D.
I will. I just can't wait until I can breathe again. Then I need to wait a few weeks until I can exercise. But I'm so excited to see Dr. D. It will be a first for me.
That's great, Sam! I just found out that my two close friends are getting married on the same day as Doug's talk! Hopefully I can sneak over to hang with you all later on.
That would be terrific! I hope my dad doesn't throw a fit. He's a big meat and potatoes guy and he's coming. The last time he had anything similar to this was when we went out for a cooked vegan dinner on my birthday in October 2007. We ordered him seatan shishkabobs, which he didn't care for much, but at the time I thought were fantastic (he only ate a little bit and I took the rest to school for lunch the next day). But now he's not even going to get any cooked food at all, so we'll see how that goes.
hahah does he have an clue what the talk will be about or are you just going to surprise him?
Yeah, it's really funny bc it's hard enough for some people to wrap their heads around raw in general, meaning high fat. Give em a pile of fruit and their totally confused! HAAA I find people's reactions to be so entertaining! Love it....

I am in just as much shock and awe towards their diets, as they are towards mine.
Oh yea, my dad knows what Dr. D. is all about. He's just going so he can learn about why I live how I live. Honestly I think it's easier for non raw people to make more since of the fruit based low fat raw, then the high fat raw diets, just because people already understand that fruits and veggies are the health foods, so I think this talk will be good for my dad.
Good point...the simplicity of eating this way is certainly more appealing than sprouting, dehydrating and blending crackers for days on end.

I hope this talk turns the light bulb on for your dad (*fingers crossed*)
Hahaha, I wouldn't cross my fingers hoping to turn on a light for my dad. However, I would like him to be educated in the lifestyle choice that I've made so he knows that I have in fact made quite a healthy choice that is neither extremely radical or even remotely dangerous. I've gotten beyond the dreams of converting anyone in my family, or even friends for that matter. What I would like to have is an agreement on respect for different lifestyles, and I would just like for my dad to understand what it means to eat a high fruit and greens diet. My mom, on the other hand, did 811rv for a month a year ago, and loved it, but she fell off after the month. Her problem is consuming almost all of her fruit unripe, so I knew she was destined for failure.
Yes, we have to start at point A: understanding. I'm in the same boat with my parents. They think I'm a bit extreme, although my mom has mentioned her admiration for my 'will-power' to eat this way ( which quite frankly I find nothing 'hard' about-it's the opposite really. I would find it 'hard' to eat SAD lol), so deep down she knows it's healthy.

It will be a relief for the two of you to have this part tackled. At least he will find others who eat this way and notice that they are super fit and healthy. We have some vibrant, happy poster children!
I'm on pretty much the same page with my mom. She knows it's most healthy but I don't think she is able to currently see it as a realistic solution to the struggles in her life. I fear that she is only concerned with weight loss, and fails to see the bigger picture. I've tried to explain to her that if you focus on respecting your body and the planet then little things like weight loss just take care of themselves. I'm the same way with the food, there's no will power for me, these are just the foods I love. I just wish I had more of the wonderful tropical ones.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Signs Executive Order Stripping Social Media Companies Of "Liability Shield" #awakening #peace #truth #light https://j.mp/2XcNXUL"
yesterday
Profile IconDarren Newman, Makayla, Jaime Huxley Leary and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
Tuesday
Peter posted photos
Tuesday
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
Monday
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
Monday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
May 23
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service