30 Bananas a Day!

OK so recently ive been trying to incorporate some whole starch cooked food. But the results are not bueno. Like yesterday I woke had a 10 banana smoothie and then for lunch I thought I would try a potato, so I did and 20-30 minutes after I was exhausted and felt off for a few hours :( ...... I put nothing on the potato it was just plain and it tasted great but I react like this to rice, gluten-free pasta (as I am a celiac) ect.  One time I had some rice and my face got puffy...I mean what the heck lol?!

Views: 251

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I can relate, cooked starches such as rice and potatoes always make my hands and face go puffy. Read somewhere that starchy foods cause more water retention when compared with fruit. Not sure if that's true, but it would fit with my experience. I still have those foods whenever money is particularily tight though.

One potato? When I eat a potato meal I eat at least 6 and don't have any of those problems.

Right, OP, maybe you were hungry?

try sweet potatoes instead, it Works like fruit to me >D

When you eat cooked starch, definitely just drink a lot more water  Starches take longer for the body to digest.  If you eat unripe fruit it is also starchy.  I just notice that when I eat rice everyday my joints start to ache here and there Lol @1 potato.  I usually eat a bunch of them like McClellan does.

Please post cooked discussions in the group High Carb Cooked Vegan Discussions.

The main forum is for raw food support: 

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/30bads-policy-on-procooked

Thanks for your consideration,

The 30BaD Team

What is wrong with cooked foods?

Applying heat to foods provides no nutritional benefit to the food and is detrimental to the person ingesting the cooked food. There are reported instances where, by heating food, certain nutrients are more easily released, like lycopene from tomatoes. However, this ignores that hundreds of other nutrients in that heated tomato were damaged or destroyed. And it also assumes that more of a specific nutrient is better, instead of trusting that the body knows how to extract just the right amount that it needs for optimal health. Many nutrients are deadly toxic if we overdose on them, and more is definitely not always better. Many foods that we cook would otherwise be unappetizing or inedible to humans, such as meats, grains, and starches, thus bypassing sensory safeguards that normally protect the body from ingesting unnatural and unhealthy substances. Studies have shown that the immune system often reacts to the introduction of cooked food into the bloodstream the same way it does to foreign pathogens such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Cooking food denatures the proteins, renders the fats carcinogenic, and caramelizes the carbohydrates. Many other nutrients are damaged, deranged, or destroyed by the heating process, leaving mostly empty calories. Regular consumption of cooked foods results in a detrimental enlargement of the pancreas.

http://foodnsport.com/faq.php

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Alex Curtis-Slep's photo was featured
4 hours ago
Profile IconRonald Gordon, Kelli Hayes, Neda and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
5 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a video
5 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Weekend $500B Bank Bailout Needed for Jamie Dimon's Bonus! (Bix Weir) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2NAhwdZ"
9 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
yesterday
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Jasmin's group
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Tabassum's group 811 España
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Tabassum's group
Jan 10
Jelle replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jan 7

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service