30 Bananas a Day!

Hi

I hope this isnt taken the wrong way- but I had a person tell me that "so-n-so" eats cooked.. and it really made me wonder what is the mentality surrounding that? Is it a feeling like people aren't trying hard enough, are lazy, or are just physically disgusting if they do that? I mean I totally understand a lot of the reason someone would want to eat raw.. but that is more of a personal choice for well being, health, etc. So in someways- unless there is a real reason- like this person has health problems and is sabotaging them- what is it? Does it feel like treason, or deceit?

And in another situation I wasnt involved in 3 meateating people left the board I was on because someone(whos on this board now) called them greasy, unattractive, etc. I was actually glad they left because they weren't just making a personal choice- they were going out of there way to kind of like make other people feel bad, or stupid, etc. Plus they had pretty big egos about how hot they were.

But I was kind of suprised because the comment didnt come from someone who is verbal about animal rights or anything. It was truely a jab at how their physical appearance was below par because they included those foods. There was a guy I knew who was a pretty good raw vegan but he had to have some regular vegan food and I did think I noticed a difference in him.

But is there like a light intensity difference- like they seem kind of like they have a deadness about them, or an obvious smell, vibrational difference, etc.?

I am just curious what your thoughts are..

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sdal,

it is quite possible that for some the situation is like being with smokers. some people may well be more sensitive than others. in fact, believe it or not there was a study done on the olfactory attractiveness to females of males who were veg and non-veg. this was a controlled, peer reviewed and published study. if anyone wants, i can dig up the reference.

in friendship,
prad
Yeah - Like I totally get that with the whole meat thing- because it is so graphic to look at and it can have a pretty strong smell. But it doesn't seem like it would be the same if someone ate rice for instance. Yeah it may contribute to them not feeling well- but is there a smell related to something like that??

Yeah I totally can relate to the smoker issue- I dont think most vegans would choose to be stuck living next to someone who is BBQing all the time- or cooking really smelly stuff..

I mean this is kind of a taboo topic- I can tell a lot of people wouldnt want to talk about it in "public" because it may be perceived as negative even though it is really something that is a concern or jumps out into a raw persons experience.

This one person I knew was on line so the person talking about them didnt have to interact with them or smell them etc.. so it wasn't like a really nasty aversion they were experiencing- it was more like a thought construct about that..
sdal,

taboo topics cease to be taboo when we choose to make them so - despite the discomfort some members of society decide to adopt. furthermore, you really can change not only the individuals, but entire nations.

the anti-smoking initiative that was started in canada back in the 70s is a case in point. because of the 60s and earlier (when even doctors were telling pregnant women to smoke to help with morning sickness), it was taboo to tell people to butt out. it was a violation of smokers rights. we were all supposed to let people do what they want, be tolerant, be understanding ... and go to the grave with them.

some thought otherwise and canada's goal seems headed towards becoming smoke free - a tremendous amount of progress has been made and it is safe to breathe in most establishments these days.

i think it is fine to tolerate that which should be tolerated - but when one shows tolerance for those things which shouldn't, one becomes complicit in the crime.

(i like your posts btw - they make people think about things some would prefer to just avoid)

in friendship,
prad
yeah I totally agree.. the smoking this was horrible. I worked for places when I was younger where smoking was allowed.. it is really unfair to subject someone to that..

I even have been totally shocked by some of the movies that have been coming out that are so violent and graphic.. it makes a person wonder is there this undercurrent of brainwashing people into being psychopathic killers.. I hadnt been to the movies in a while and then went to see some with zombies in them and stuff and I was like whoa things have changed- this really looks like it should be rated x.

I also shared a room with this girl at a raw vegan chef program I was in and she automatically assumed I was toxic, ate meat, etc. She was looking through my stuff to see if I had food stashed in there etc. It was so crazy..

So yeah- that is pretty extreme but I am not sure how prevalent it is or if I have met like the 1% of people who are like that. Or maybe I am attracting it somehow- Im just not sure how- because I am pretty tolerant of people and pretty much just want to have fun and make the world a better place.

I met a lady who was so into her neti pot she was irrigating in public and there was a bathroom she could have used right there- but she was doing it in the kitchen. I was shocked once I realized what she was doing and then she said how everyone should do it because it is so disgusting what people are carrying around in their noses.. I was like whatever -

But this does seem like a touchy subject. Maybe because people know there is a lot of talk going on and it bothers them- so this is the podium they can stand on.. But some of it is real for sure- heightened senses, not being able to tolerate being around meat at all, and then possibly moving on to not being able to tolerate people who eat meat and then it moves onto grains.. maybe this is like a natural progression...
sdal,
you are correct. it is a progression.
as we eat, breathe and think 'purer', we also become more aware and understanding ... though not necessarily more tolerant.

in friendship,
prad
I had a friend tell me that a long-term lfrv person we mutually know smelled strange to her in an off-putting way, and so I made a point to notice next time I saw him (covert research, lol), and there was a slight strange smell, but I didn't find it off. If someone is not into colonics it probably takes years for the body to release toxins, maybe his odor was an example.
That seems like a good thing to post as a discussion- I'd like to see it!
who are you talking to and about what, jg?
the ning dating service forum structure makes it difficult to know what's happening sometimes.

in friendship,
prad
I know, those little arrows to the left can be confusing if people join in later. I was saying, I'd like to see that link you mentioned, if it's not too much trouble. Thx ~ ~
ah! it's not a link that i know about at any rate. it was a section mentioned in dr greger's dvds on nutrition (which we've been watching). i'm going to be getting all the publications from him in a couple of weeks so i'll be able to actually post that study here - i'll let you know when i do.

the gist of it was that they had a sample of males wear underarm cloths to absorb body odor. then they had a sample of women sniff these things after they'd gotten really ripe. the attractiveness weighed overwhelmingly in favor of the veg males. ya i know, but researchers have to get grants any way they can. :D

in friendship,
prad
junglegirl,

here is the link to the article you wanted to see:
The Effect of Meat Consumption on Body Odor Attractiveness

the conclusion is:
red meat consumption has a negative impact on perceived body odor hedonicity
(no wonder peta's been telling everyone that vegans do it better.)

if you like it a lot, then you can even get yourself a pdf copy by following the pdf link on the upper right.

i'm uploading it here for posterity since it is such a landmark study. :D

in friendship,
prad
Attachments:
well ya it's got to be.
look at the sort of discussions people start here:
http://www.30bananasaday.com/xn/detail/2684079:Topic:430396

in fiendship,
prad

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service