30 Bananas a Day!

As everyone is different, I'm curious about those who consume more or less fat and protein. How did you determine this? How would you describe your current diet and relevant lifestyle choices?

Views: 492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I follow 90/5/5 and feel better than ever! I find I do better with less fat and less protein. For instance-just yesterday my ratio was 95/2/3 at the end of the day.
As Sam stated..l too feel sluggish and tired on higher fat and higher protein. I even tend to feel too tired on 80/10/10- which is why I stick to 90/5/5 but to each his own. As Sam suggested, start out 80/10/10 and go from there. However, I would not suggest increasing the fat and protein ratio, but instead lessening if you want.

I think the 80/10/10 is an excellent guide and should used as such. Seeing that I consume avocado and some nuts regularly I probably hit closer to 15% on average regarding fat consumption. I doubt that my protein intake would exceed 10% of total calories most days even though I do eat some sort of legume regularly. I eat a wide variety of fruits, veg, fungi, whole grains, legumes and some nuts/seeds - or whole plants foods both cooked and raw. I think this is a better strategy than narrowing you choices which can be the case when only eating raw.

Hi Manta91,

You are correct that each of us are unique as individuals but we are of the same species so in that respect our diet should the very similar. Just as all elephants eat green vegetation as their primary food source, all primates eat fruit and greens as their food source and on and on. You will not find animals of the same species varying their food source. Neither should we. Although there will be day to day variations in the percentages, 80-10-10 should be your goal for general intake of carbs, fat and protein. Those aren't arbitrary numbers. They are the number that have been established through research and experimentation by many.

If I eat high raw and enough calories, my protein is usually in the 10% range automatically and I do not have to worry much about it.  

I feel better eating 10%+ from fat calories.  I also look at it as an average.  One day I might eat 15-20% and the next day binge on oranges.  

These are guidelines to follow, but not to worry too much about getting it exactly right every meal or day.  

Peace, PK

i eat like 87/6/7 

90/5/5 as i find any overt fats slow me down and they make me crave all sorts of things..

Are you also interested in people who eat about 90/5/5??? I ask this because this is WITHIN the 80/10/10 cal% ratio als Doug Graham describes it in his book. He says (on average over the year, and as an adult) you should eat AT LEAST 80cal% carbohydrates, and NOT MORE than 10cal% of both protein and fat. Many people on 80/10/10 do 90/05/05...

When I eat only raw fruit and vegetables (no overt fats like nuts and seeds, only rarely an avocado) and I track all I eat in cron-o-meter it calculates me a ratio of about 90/05/05. Eating an avocado every second day I get more in the 80/10/10 range.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Melissa Grace joined Marina's group
1 hour ago
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
23 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Covid Lockdowns Killing 29 Times More People Than Covid? - with Dr. Ron Paul #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2BGeQJ4"
Tuesday
luke left a comment for Mean Vegan Girl
Jul 5
luke and Mean Vegan Girl are now friends
Jul 5
Melissa Grace left a comment for Raisa
Jul 4
"Covid911 INSURGENCY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2YKEZ1O"
Jul 1
"!! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask. #truth #light https://j.mp/2ZeLBog"
Jun 29
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
Jun 29
Eunice Su-Ai joined Marina's group
Jun 28
TheBananaGirl replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jun 25
Zeus Lopez Perez posted a discussion
Jun 25
"Bayer Pays $10BN To Settle Thousands Of Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuits #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity https://j.mp/317rw5S"
Jun 23
Rus Talis replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 14
Rus Talis commented on ednshell's video
Jun 13
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Jun 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service